what could be wrong if antifreeze is leakin from middle of my car heard it could be freeze plug but have no clue what or where that is located can anyone help?

85

Asked by Jun 10, 2011 at 08:22 PM about the 1994 Lincoln Town Car Signature

car just leakied antifreeze out but coming from middle of my car cant find location heard may be freeze plug

115

Freeze plugs are located on the side of the engin block. 3 on each side. Could also be a head gasket witch would require motor taking apart.

10

water pump dont drive it to far

85

K well i guess its turnin up not to be either the freeze plug or water pump ... they are telling me its my intake manifold gasket and a heater hose.. im hoping thats all it is im bought the parts and having it replaced just hopin it doesnt turn up to be something more ..

85

thanks Im sure hoping it turns out not to be that they are tellin me its my intake mainfold gasket and a heater hose ... i had asked bout it maybe being a head gasket but they are tellin me that it would be leakin oil and not antifreeze.. fingers crossed they dont tell me something different...

60

One of the heater core hoses attaches to a steel tube (behind the head on the left). The tube routes under the intake manifold and attaches to the back of the water pump. The tube develops pinholes, usually at the bracket on the back of the cylinder head. Fluid drains between the engine and the transmission. The tube is about 30.$ at the dealer, and takes about 4 hours to replace. ....I just did my 92 executive town car.

If it is the tube I have a spare one I can sell you for $15 plus shipping. (New, still has the parts sticker on it).

40

have a 2000 lincoln executive edition an just started running hot they say it could be crack intake how would u know?