My 93 town cars check engine light is coming on but it runs fine why is it coming on I checked all the fuses and there good

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 02:59 AM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive

try disconnecting the neg. cable for about 1min see if it clears the code,most of the time it's related to a emission failure during warmup,you can by a scan tool at autozone for about 60.00 than you will know what it is with no guessing

there is a way to get blink code from your engine compartment at the diagnostic plug by jumping 2 of the connections than turn key on and count the check engine light see how many times it will blink 1 flash is a 1 two flashes is a 2 and a short pause is the next number .