my 93 Lincoln town car ran out of gas. I put 3 gals in it and it still wont start

Asked by Dec 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive

You might have burned up the fuel pump by starving it of fuel. The fuel actually helps cool the pump. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the key?

I'd say look for the inertia fuel switch and see if it needs resetting. It's a switch that turns off the electric fuel pump in case of accident. Perhaps it tripped when you ran out of gas. Normally they're in the trunk of the car on one side or another. I pulled up a post that said to look under the dash on the passenger side, just under the carpet.