what the hell

Asked by Nov 01, 2011 at 09:53 AM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive

i was driving on the highway the other night and all of a sudden the car shut off wasn't able to get it started again. now the alternator is brand new and the battery is less than a year old. when i turn the key all lights come on and bright every thing works but when i go to turn the key all i hear is a single click and no start. please help asap stranded..........

5

Could be battery or alt. remember the lights dont take near as much power as the starter does.

20

may be the fuse under the hoodif it's an older towncar.

It is definitely the alternator, that happened to me in Baltimore and the guy wouldn't put in a rebuild so it cost me $400.00 for the darn thing!