how do i remove and replace the ac condenser?

Asked by May 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Where is the condenser box and, how does one clean the condenser  in a 1993 lincoln town car? I have a mold smell in the vents and the ac isn't draining. I took the car to the dealer and they cleaned the drain and "deodorized" the ventilation system but this has made no difference to either problem.

you can clean the condensor with soap and water. Or you can use a/c coil cleaner (they sell it at home depot and lowes) To clean the drain use a can of compressed air (or an air compressor). I have included a diagram for you. 1) Condenser 2) Dehydrator 3) Compressor 4) Manifold W/tube 5) Refrigerant hose Comp to evaporator 6) Refrigerant hose Compressor to drier 7) Refrigerant hose Comp to condenser 8) Evaporator core 9) Case Left 10) Blower motor 11) Fan

one thing you may want to get into the habit of doing is turning the ac off a minute before you shut the car off. It will help with the moisture in the ducts.

Thank you for the diagram. It appears from the diagram that what I am attempting to clean is the evaporator. When I took the car to the dealer yesterday they charged me for cleaning the drain and deodorizing the venting system. As this didn't work and the mold & pollen is still coming through the vents, I was thinking that this may be contamination on the evaporator. The AC system is fully charged with no leaks and I don't believe it can be coming from there. I appreciate the advice.

190

replace fresh air filter, spray lysol disinfectant into air vents allowing to dry for an hour before blowing air again