1992,built in June, Lincoln Town Car- Loud vacuum noise at times, tapping the gas pedal sometimes will cause the noise to go away.

Asked by Dec 04, 2013 at 07:48 PM about the 1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Loud vacuum noise at times with a slight vibration. The noise will come and go,  if you
touch the gas pedal. I removed the air duct and I do not hear the vacuum noise, put the
duct back on and here comes the vacuum noise. Please, has anyone had this problem?
Thank you, Herbert   PS, this car only has about 31000 miles

could this be the vacuum connection to the brake booster?

how the brakes doin?

suspect the rubber holding the motor mount together is rotted~ https://www.google.com/#q=1992+Lincoln+Town+Car+motor+mount&tbm=sh op

The brakes work very good. Thanks Judge_roy

The loud vacuum noise was due to a bad IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE, PART #73-4855. I would like to thank you all for the help.