Tail lights & the dash lights not working but the brake lights working

135

Asked by Oct 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM about the 1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I need to know if the fuses need to be changed out or do I need to replace the tail lights on the back?

40

check fuses on some taillights r separate n take out dash lights when fuse blows see if power to lights themselves

135

I have checked on all of the fuses on the taillights but I will just have to take out the dash lights to see if they have been blown because of receiving a ticket for not having taillights...But it seems that sometimes they work and other times they do not so I will just have to check out the dash lights...

1,415

The dash and tail lights share a common fuse. I would put a new fuse in whether the old one looks good or not. They are that cheap! If that is not it, you could have a bad headlamp switch. The dash lights are on a separate wire from the tail/parking lamps as they are controlled by the rheostat.

150

I have a 91 Toyota. Tail lights and dash lights don't work.

135

The lincoln towncar just needed to replace the chip that was located under the dash and everything is fine at the present time. You probably need to check to see if there is an old chip in the toyota and may need to be replaced also.

The chip is where? Bc my tail lamps do not work, but everything else works. Also my fuse for the rear defrost/heated mirrors is completely out. The car sat for some years, and I had a mouse in there. I followed the wires, replaced some wires that I saw eaten through, nothing. I replaced the LCM, same problem. Please help!