1992 lincoln town car turn key enginestarts for approx. 5 seconds then dies , wont fire again untill sits for an hour or so ,wet plugs, flooding possibly, any ideas, replaced fuel pump, filter, replaced idle control valve, cleaned egr and throttle body, replaced plugs,

Asked by Apr 23, 2016 at 02:08 AM about the 1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive

92,695

You forgot one high fail item and that is the fuel pressure regulator, these will pump raw fuel right through the the vacuum hose that attaches to them, you can verify by pulling off the hose and just turn the key to on and see if fuel sprays out the regulator where the vacuum line was connected. HTH

thanx ill try, did test fuel preasure at passenger side rail right at 40,let ya know bout regulator really appreciate help thanx