My 1991 Lincoln Town Car air bag light is flashing code 44 which is a right hand air bag sensor not mounted correctly. I can't find it and it is not on the radiator support like other Town Car models. Any help?

30

Asked by Nov 04, 2013 at 11:47 PM about the 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature

...strangely (and can hardly believe it myself) appears to be in front of the mufflers near the rear axle...ain't that wierd~?

30

Are you sure?

20,815

not mounted like others of the same? then its not mounted correctly the code is correct, and roy says at the mufflers, by guru powers, code correct again! uhuh,

No. I am not sure...this foto is from about 3 minutes of tryin' to find that~

thanks for your affirmation...yes there IS a santaclaus...yes there is~

guess they ran out of room...just how long is the impact in front going to take to echo into pendulum sensors at the rear?.....no I don't like it either~ wish I had more time to pick the database here...try info.com...they always come up with something~

30

Well thanks for looking.

20,815

sure ,sure anytime that's what we do! were the best of the rest trust me

found some nasty complaints about this system...if this 'll help~ http://www.arfc.org/complaints/1991/lincoln/town_car/air_bags/problem.aspx

....rear of the mufflers...correction~

Is there another set in front? and those are for a rear impact? ...Asking not saying....

DavidH25...you've TOO nice.~ glad you are amongst the living~ not too sure about myself~ This means I'll have to switch my avatar to make a corporate shill out of me~ wonderin' where all the positive energy was coming from...should have smelled it in the air, felt it on the ground I was walking on...payed attention to what the spirits were telling me~ GOOD TO "see" you back again, royal rooster~

couldn't find a pichur of that...got to get some breakfast now~

Thanks man. Truly nice to feel welcome back

The suspension of this car is an Air Bag suspension....this makes shopping for the air bag actuator even more challenging....will try rockauto.com next~

no soap...suspension parts only for that model....shucks....thought they had everything....darn~

BING---OH~ here's our cartoon~

30

Hi Roy, are you sure that is for a 1991 Town Car. Because I am not finding it on the car. There is nothing on either side. I read a blog for a 1990 Mercury that they are on the fenders. I will check there tomorrow.

I will try to find the blog from where this image came...I don't usually mess with people with mis-information...I'm doin' the best I can with my meager resources~...achem...they don't pay us anything...YOU give us tne reputation points...will post back with your answer~

this probably isn't the same one....but interesting nonetheless~ http://www.fixya.com/cars/t21159305-find_air_bag_crash_sensor_1991

We don't like or trust fixya~~ but when there ain't nothin' else sometimes is correct~

30

That's funny. my brother posted that for me. The Fixya.com link.

wow...who's got that dozen eggs?