On a '98 Linc. Mark VIII, what controls are right on the steering wheel? Any audio buttons on front or back? I think the cruise control buttons are on front, both side.

50

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

Need to know about steering wheel audio buttons because to change to after market GPS/CD unit, there has to be a connection so the steering wheel audio controls work.

55

Joseph, The only controls on the steering wheel are for the cruise control...left is On/Off, right is Resume, Set, and Coast..to use steering wheel audio controls for the new GPS, they will have to add them.

50

OK and many thanks. I suspect I'll just do without steering wheel audio controls. I will ask the audio specialist about adding them but it will push up the cost even more. Lexus and some other Japanese cars have audio control sort of behind and lower on the steering wheel as a separate device. Again have to ask at the specialist place.

55

Joseph, just keep in mind that the car you are looking at is 15yrs old...a lot of the things on the newer cars were not even thought of back then...and of course, the Lincoln Mark VIII was way ahead of its time with features that are now copied by all the car makers, and tend to be thought of today as normal.

50

Yes, I DO realize that and have never done something like this before. I usually buy 1-2 years old - MB, BMW, Lexus, etc. I would not have looked for a '98 Mark VIII but this is a special case of old family friend. If this were my only car, I would never go back that far. I will miss the newer innovations for sure and that is why I am willing to spend another $2,000 +/- to get GPS, CD, and parking sensors. I may get those front and rear. I noticed there are no cup holders for the back seat. I may also see if 1-2 can be placed in the fold down armrest. Many thanks for your input and if you think of anything more, please e-mail me directly at my own "address" which is jporrico@outlook.com.

55

and I agree with you about the only car. If this were my only car, I, too, would not get one this old again, but I do love my Marks....I have had 4 of them...wonderful cars.