On a '98 Linc. Mark VIII are the headlamp lenses glass or plastic? Glass won't yellow or discolor but plastic does both.

50

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

If Tracy Hooks sees this question, I am Joseph who asked about a Mark VIII before.

26,075

They're plastic.

50

Can they be cleaned/restored with Bon Ami, the non scratch glass cleaner?

26,075

The best home remedy I've used is to wet sand the lense with 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper until the entire lense is clean and has a frosted look to it. Then coat it well with Duplicolor Clear. Follow the directions on the can to the letter. I've done this to our Fleet Crown Victoria PI's and my own vehicles. Lasts about 2-3 years. You can buy a kit that's basically a sponge that attaches to your drill at the parts store.

26,075

It works well on the bubble-gum machines too! (Overhead Emergency Lights)