my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII has a problem with the driver seat,sometimes the drivers seat does not slide fowards or backwards. Then next time you sit down it works fine.

Asked by Jun 27, 2013 at 02:37 AM about the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

Sometimes it will only move very little forwards and backwards when using the slide bar. Then it will adjust properly.Intermitting electrical problem.

21,805

The teeth in the gears that move your seat (one set on each side) are failing or stripped. The most cost-effective fix is to buy another base with motors at a wrecking yard. I don't think you can get parts to fix it - just the whole assembly ($300-$500 new)