how many LSC Mark 8's where there made?

195

Asked by Jun 29, 2012 at 01:25 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

I recently bought a beautiful Lincoln Mark 8 LSC and i simply want to know how many of them where made in 1997?

287,095

16,805

265

That number is the total production number of 97 Mark VIII's, not necessarily LSCs... I'd guess around half were LSCs. Great car by the way!

195

thanks a lot! and im guessing that all of the lsc dont look like this one.. (black on black grill with black leather interior)

265

The LSC moniker means all the moldings (and grille) that are normally chrome on the base model are body color, the seats are perforated in the center, chrome rims, true dual exhaust (+10 HP), and 3.27 gear ratio (instead of 3.07). I think that's all the differences...I'm pretty sure you could get any of the normal Mark VIII colors in LSC form.

105

You could get the LSC package with any color from '96-'98. I've seen several black on black LSC's and IMO, those and the metallic gray ones looked the best.

20

I have a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII -I was told it is the LSC and the Diamond Anniversary Edition However it does not list that in my owners manual. It really makes little difference to me because I would not be unhappy either way. However my car does have a very unusual style from all the others I have looked at over the years and I would love to know how many of these were made this way. I have only seen one other on the internet after many 100s of search attempts. (See Photo of my car) The color is Toreador Red W/ Black Top the only other Mark VII I saw is the same red color but with a white top...I like mine much better!! I purchased this one a few months ago from original owner. Car has 79,000 Original miles, straight and clean (always garaged) looks like new inside. Just the best car I have ever owned. I searched for almost a year for a Lincoln Mark VIII in this good of shape and I bought it for $1,800! Not a thing wrong with it!