How much will it run me to fix my front passenger ball Joint Or ball baring? If i buy stuff and fix myself?

Asked by Apr 30, 2014 at 03:42 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

24,925

My guess (without looking it up at Autozone or NAPA) is $300 to $600 plus a front end alignment. It depends upon whether you buy quality or get-me-by parts. Are you sure that this is a job you want to tackle without automotive experience? You're talking about the major components of your Front Suspension and steering. Not to mention that you're probably going to have to tear down and reassemble the front brakes as well.

16,755

AND there is probably more to examine and replace while you're at it like tie rods.etc. Like Tracy was implying - it isn't a job for a beginner BUT you can't learn without trying. BUT I DON'T MEAN TRYING ON YOUR OWN - get someone who's a pal with experience there with you- you supply the time,the parts,the beer. And after all is replaced you still need to take it for an alignment 'cause you ain't doing that in your driveway!