hi. my mom has a 1997 Lincoln mark VIII she needs new HID lamps. I am having difficulty finding these without breaking the bank

Asked by Jul 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

246,305

Not sure what price point your looking for. high or low beam. I found some on ebay for $80 shipped used up to $150 for each bulb assembly.

okay, thank you. I saw the ones one ebay also. was wondering if i could just by the bulbs instead of the whole assembly? they are hid lights so, i am guessing they are high beams. most of the 9005 bulbs I have found around 10 bucks, and my 62 yrl old Mother doesnt wanna spend 100 plus dollars. thanks for the prompt reply!

265

Your low beams are the HIDs, the highs are regular bulbs. These are some of the first HIDs ever released in an automobile and they haven't been produced for a long time and are now considered obsolete. You'll have to take a gamble and buy used ones of eBay if you want something that'll just plug right in. Those other bulbs won't fit right but with a considerable amount of work installing new ballasts and fabricating to make the bulbs fit it's possible.