Why is my 1996 lincoln mark viii holding a high idle

Trent Keena

Asked by Oct 30, 2014 at 01:52 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

Mark Grignon

Possible vacuum leak. Check vacuum lines and replace if dry or cracked. Possible vacuum leak at intake manifold or base of throttle body(if equipped).

Mark Grignon

Refer to the following link for detailed info: www.aa1car.com/library/vacleak.htm

My 96 Lincoln Mark VIII had a slow idle and it was the idle control motor. I took it off, and was it a hard one to get to also. I cleaned it with some Mass Air sensor cleaner and it idles ok now. Ive been told that the same motor controls the idle, when its too fast also. Hope this helps. It is a hard little controller to get off. It is beside the throttle body and I had to take that off too. It wasn't bad to get off.