air suspension problems

5

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 03:23 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

I have a 95 mark 8. the compressor works when it wants to. one day I will park it over night and it will be on its nose. start it up and it pumps back up. other times it stays up for about 2 full days. next thing you know it will be on its nose again and the compressor will not come on for about 3 or 4 days. day 5 the compressor comes on and I would not have a problem for about a day. fuses are good and air bags aren't leaking. I don't understand it. what else can I do to get the compressor to work like it should everyday not just when it wants to.

25,305

Your front Air Bags are leaking. They should hold air overnight whether the compressor is on or not. Spray a heavy concentrate of soap and water on the bags when they're all the way up and see what I mean. They crack and leak it the folds or creases in the bags where dirt can accumulate and rub the rubber bladder thin. You'll be looking at the rear bags failing before long too. Your compressor is fine.

98,365

You may also have an air leak at the distribution tank on the compressor unit, you can use the same stuff as Tracy stated for finding a leak there also. As for staying off for 3 or 4 days, is this after the nose is setting on the bumper stops or after they are filled and stay up? Could be a level sensor going away?