Computer readout on 1995 Mark VIII

85

Asked by Dec 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

The computer readout on my 1995 Mark VIII just started reading Door adjar and does not go off even though the doors are not adjar.  I have narrowed it down to the passenger door...The computer works fine until the door is opened and then goes into door adjar even when all are closed.  Any idea what is causing this and how difficult is it to fix.  Thanks,

95

WD40 the door jambs

20

there is a switch in the door latch mechanism that is causing the problem. You have to remove the inside door panel to access it and then it's hard to see. Spray it with WD 40 liberally and hope that it takes care of it. That fixed mine.

265

They are right, mine did the same thing and WD40 fixed it