1995 Lincoln Mark VIII, is there an override or a transport mode that holds the car from pumping up?

Asked by Oct 29, 2010 at 09:21 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

I parked the car 2 months ago because of a front air leak. At that time, the rear
worked properly. The car is now sitting on the frame and the rear air will not
pump up. The air compressor turns on, but nothing happens. There is no longer
a leaking noise from the front.  I suspect a safety mode that is preventing the
rear from pumping up. The override switch in the trunk is on. If I use a jack to lift
the car, the tires remain tucked up under the fenders. Please help!!!

20

I have a 1995 Lincoln Mark 8. and it sounds like yours is your air suspension has failed. Mine did the same thing. I went to my dealer and they said it was going to cost 4500-6000 to fix the air suspension. That was way to much money. It depends on if you want to keep the air or not. I went to Strutmasters.com and got a conversion kit and saved a bunch of money. Now i dont have to worry about it again. Lifetime warranty came with the kit as well. You should contact them to help you out

strutmasters is junk, hence why they advertise here and not through legitimate channels. the air suspension might cost about $1100 to rehab through a dealer, much cheaper if you isolate the problematic components and purchase them via ebay or car-parts.com