Climate Control Buttons on 1994 Mark VIII

Asked by Apr 30, 2011 at 07:56 PM about the 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

The 6 hollow buttons on my climate control panel are worn away and caved in.  Can I replace this unit with a 1995 or newer one with the solid buttons?  What's involved?

its relatively simple, its held in with 2 screws and there are 3 connectors on the back to remove. You can use a 95-97 unit to replace it.

Good to hear. Are the connectors identical? Will the stock faceplate fit as well? I think that I would rather have the later model solid buttons rather than have a repeate of the hollow buttons.

It is an exact fit, the later one was a production change implemented to address the lack of quality found in the ones used in previous years. You can source these from various Lincoln's (Town Car, Mark VII) as well as the Taurus SHO.