1997 Audi A4 quatrro right Headlight smashed in

Asked by Dec 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM about the 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

My 1997 audi a4 quattr was hit by random suv. Right headlight is completely smashed in
radiator is bent back alittle and leaked out all of fluid fan is smashed.
So 1 I just want a good estimate of the cheapest repairs
And 2 what is broken behind that headlight only towards the top the fender was a little
cracked but no severe damage only headlight? Pls help if anyone knows

Heres some more pics ill get underhood tomorrow morning

2

Oh yeah car wont start at all

9,585

judging by the damage your probly going to needa whole new front clip radiator ac condesor fan it all comes wit hthose parts. your best bet to repoair this damage is to hunt down a same make and model from a scrap yard will probly run you up 500-1500 $ depends if you tear the car down yourself or if they do it for you. if your radiator has drained so has your condensor. it will take a minimum of 2-4 hrs to tear down the front clip of your car. And i would like to ask did you have the car running after the fluid drained out ? if you drove the car wit hout rad fluid you could have damaged the engine. is both the electric fan and the serpintine fan damaged ? the serpintine can blades will run you up about 40 -600$ if the clutch is damaged electric fan runs around 65-150 new or used

9,585

oh and the emisons modual box is right on that corner as well which is probly damaged and broken and the reason the car won't start aside from the fact it has no radiator fluid in it

No the car was off when the hit occured. And I only saw one fan that was smashed in wich to my best guess was the electrical what if I just wanted to drop it on my insurance would they even bother?

9,585

hmm well the insurance would cover it for sure what you will have to do tho is checkfor any structural damages suchas fire wall pressed in or enginecompartment sides crushed in or a bent subframe. if any of these are bent they may just right it off on you but by the looks of it you should not have much more then the main front wall damaged. try hiting up some scrap yards after you make out a list of broken peices you need replaced i can already tell you a hood will cost you around 150-200$ if you can find one. and an electracl fan some where around 65$ but i would buy that new since the elecric fans have a habit of going bad after sitting for a long time. so around 165$ for the fan. the main radiotr wall is your main concern tho you will need the entire wall if its cracked or damaged. for this you may be able to get easy since most scrap yards tear the front ends down for you so it should e in the back of some of the cars in the wreckers if i were you i would do the work myself and save the insurance bill from going up as a hit and run claim would make your claim rise if you have the other guys info and get it claimed as a none fault i would defantly go for insurance claim and let a body shop handle it. be sure to get about 3 body shop quotes first tho insurance will require it. this will also provide you with a chance to give them the higher chance to claim more from a ill fix it myself claim. my car had the drivers door hit and my higest quote was 2000$ to repair it and i did a cash claim and got 1500$ to do it myself since my neighbor did body work. i had it done for 200 and used the rest to repair other things i needed done. so thems your options

Best Answer

Thanks for the insight man ok so do I call my insurance off the bat before I get some quotes or vice versa?

9,585

it would be best to get some quotes ahead of time since the insurance will ask you to get them regardless just take your pictures to the auto shops and they can give you a estimate then when you call your insurance you can get it done right then and there. saves you time in the long run and gets your car back much quicker and glad i could help merry christmas

Ok thanks man Happy holidays to you too