whats the difference between all the Lexus SC430?

2,405

Asked by Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM about the 2002 Lexus SC 430 Base

ask someone who is intimately familiar~ http://www.lexus-global.com/? gclid=CODOyMe9mbYCFQ8GnQodEiMAhg

99,235

The Second generation (Z40) SC430 ran from 2001–2010. Except for color combinations and alloy wheel style, there wasn't a lot of difference.

...ahh, big yawn..~

99,235

In a 2012 Top Gear DVD special Top Gear: The Worst Car in the History of The World, The SC 430 was declared by Jeremy Clarkson and James May as the worst car in the history of the world. Both presenters cited the high price, poor exterior styling, terrible ride quality and lack of steering feel among other reasons for their decision.

99,235

I know that the trunk can only hold a shoe box with the top down. I was considering buying one until I found out about the IS-F.

Every post is true and correct. I have a 2002 and it's a great car for my hot girlfriend. She loves it and she looks great in it too. Plus.... You can pick up one (with low miles) for pennies on the dollar compared to the original price. She feels like a million bucks... Pretty good investment for me!

120

Dear Top Gear, On a previous episode, the Lexus SC430 was labeled the worst car in history. Well… I own a Lexus SC430 and it could not be further from the truth. I purchased my Lexus SC430 used for about the price of a new Camry LE. I feel with a used SC you get a lot of car for your money. When you weigh in reliability and affordability you can’t go wrong with a Lexus…any Lexus… Especially one based on the bullet proof motor and transmission of the Lexus LS (It even has galvanized steel panels to prevent rust). The SC430 is basically an LS in a sporty shell. I feel when Top Gear deemed this car the worst car in history they really missed the mark because these cars are well built and will be on the road for well over three hundred thousand miles plus. It really could be on the road for over 20+ years with no major mechanical problems. That’s what you’re buying- dependability, reliability, safety. In contrast, a Mercedes or a Farrier might make it through the warranty period before the little annoying problems start. In contrast, with a SC you just get a truly reliable well-built automobile based on a sound luxury car. That is what the show missed… you know it’s not a Farrier or a 911. It’s a sporty luxury car…you know that when you buy it. This is my personal car and it has been a great car…the best car I have ever owned. I can’t change Top Gear’s opinion. But when the show’s writers own personal cars start having problems and the cost of ownership begins to burn a hole in their wallets. I will be cruising with the top down amazed at how great it is to be in a Lexus SC430. It’s not a Ferrari, its not supposed to be, it’s a luxury car that is sporty and I love mine….immensely.

20

my beloved 2002 SC430 was just totalled by a huge wind hitting a huge tree, which fell on my best car ever. On the day my 3 year olde piece of drek benz warrantee was up I bought the 2002 off the showroom floor...Best car I ever had for 15 years. I searched for a full month for a 2010 replacement, VERY hard to find, but I found one a thousand miles away and I grabbed it! I await it's arrival in ATL just in time to put down the solid convertible top...I love this dependable robust timeless beauty...black and tan

10

I have a Lexus 2004 SC430 that I purchased certified used off a lot in 2008, and I also absolutely love my car! It's been extremely dependable, with so many amenities that are not available in many other brands of luxury vehicles. I also agree that the Old Crew of The Top Gear made fools of themselves when they made their 2012 Special and called the Lexus SC430 the Worst Car in the history of the World. What idiots, I stopped watching the show after that special. Over my lifetime I have owned many types of vehicles, and I am the most impressed by what Lexus, Toyota has accomplished with the Lexus SC 430. Yes it's a street legal luxury "race" car, and it was designed after a similar Model Toyota Motors used as an award winning race car. I also happen to own an old 1969 convertible Chevrolet Camero RS/SS 350, and although I love this car dearly, my '04 SC 430 is such a pleasure to drive, especially when it starts to rain. I live on the West Coast of California, and it's truly enjoyable being able to drive around this incredibly beautiful state in a convertible car. When I'm driving my SC 430 and it starts to rain, all I need to do is place the transmission in Park, and 30 seconds later my convertible top is up, and I'm back on the road. Yes, I have timed it. My Chevy, well the convertible top is original and stubborn, and it takes about fifteen minutes or so to get everything unsnapped, and the top pulled up and secured, and locked in place with the windshield, and then all the windows need to be rolled up, and all the gear stowed into the trunk before we are back on the road. The Lexus SC 430 was a classically designed luxury sports car that had been built to accommodate an intelligent average sized human being, unfortunately the old crew on Top Gear did not fall into these parameters, perhaps that could be why they were replaced. I might give the New Top Gear a chance, now that the hosts have been replaced! No I'm Definitely NOT Interested in selling either vehicle. Someday, I have no doubt - that in time, the Lexus SC 430 will end up being considered another, award winning, iconic, classic convertible automobile.