whats the difference between all the Lexus SC430?

2,345

Asked by Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM about the 2002 Lexus SC 430 Base

ask someone who is intimately familiar~ http://www.lexus-global.com/? gclid=CODOyMe9mbYCFQ8GnQodEiMAhg

95,995

The Second generation (Z40) SC430 ran from 2001–2010. Except for color combinations and alloy wheel style, there wasn't a lot of difference.

...ahh, big yawn..~

95,995

In a 2012 Top Gear DVD special Top Gear: The Worst Car in the History of The World, The SC 430 was declared by Jeremy Clarkson and James May as the worst car in the history of the world. Both presenters cited the high price, poor exterior styling, terrible ride quality and lack of steering feel among other reasons for their decision.

95,995

I know that the trunk can only hold a shoe box with the top down. I was considering buying one until I found out about the IS-F.

Every post is true and correct. I have a 2002 and it's a great car for my hot girlfriend. She loves it and she looks great in it too. Plus.... You can pick up one (with low miles) for pennies on the dollar compared to the original price. She feels like a million bucks... Pretty good investment for me!

60

Dear Top Gear, On a previous episode, the Lexus SC430 was labeled the worst car in history. Well… I own a Lexus SC430 and it could not be further from the truth. I purchased my Lexus SC430 used for about the price of a new Camry LE. I feel with a used SC you get a lot of car for your money. When you weigh in reliability and affordability you can’t go wrong with a Lexus…any Lexus… Especially one based on the bullet proof motor and transmission of the Lexus LS (It even has galvanized steel panels to prevent rust). The SC430 is basically an LS in a sporty shell. I feel when Top Gear deemed this car the worst car in history they really missed the mark because these cars are well built and will be on the road for well over three hundred thousand miles plus. It really could be on the road for over 20+ years with no major mechanical problems. That’s what you’re buying- dependability, reliability, safety. In contrast, a Mercedes or a Farrier might make it through the warranty period before the little annoying problems start. In contrast, with a SC you just get a truly reliable well-built automobile based on a sound luxury car. That is what the show missed… you know it’s not a Farrier or a 911. It’s a sporty luxury car…you know that when you buy it. This is my personal car and it has been a great car…the best car I have ever owned. I can’t change Top Gear’s opinion. But when the show’s writers own personal cars start having problems and the cost of ownership begins to burn a hole in their wallets. I will be cruising with the top down amazed at how great it is to be in a Lexus SC430. It’s not a Ferrari, its not supposed to be, it’s a luxury car that is sporty and I love mine….immensely.

my beloved 2002 SC430 was just totalled by a huge wind hitting a huge tree, which fell on my best car ever. On the day my 3 year olde piece of drek benz warrantee was up I bought the 2002 off the showroom floor...Best car I ever had for 15 years. I searched for a full month for a 2010 replacement, VERY hard to find, but I found one a thousand miles away and I grabbed it! I await it's arrival in ATL just in time to put down the solid convertible top...I love this dependable robust timeless beauty...black and tan