alarm system

25

Asked by Feb 03, 2008 at 02:02 AM about the 1997 Lexus SC 400 Base

The factory alarm in my car kept going off when car is packed. Dealer couldn't figure cause of problem. any suggestions?

7,125

See other post I would ask them to check the sensors. Something is wrong for it to be going off when parked. Is it doing it all the time? If it is I would suspect that you have a drain somewhere and the alarm is picking it up. Most alarms have a "voltage" meter so if someone gets in your, say through an open window, and starts it. The voltage drops, hence causing the alarm to go off. Or it could be a wiring issue or a sensor for the alarm has gone bad. I would take it to a alarm shop and have them look at it. Best of luck and I hope this helps.

44,585

Could also be a sensitivity setting that needs to be tuned down. I have seen firsthand where local fireworks shows set off an alarm on cars a mile or so away every time a loud boom is heard. I have even parked next to cars which went off when I shut my car door, or walked past them. If there is a sensitivity setting you may want to have it dialed back.

i have the same exact problem with my 92 sc400. i'm hoping to get it checked out today. pls post ur solution if prob is solved and i will do the same. thnx