Alarm kept going off when car is packed. Battery is new and dealer couldn't figure out what problem is. what might cause this situation and how do I fix it?

Asked by Feb 03, 2008 at 01:54 AM about the 1997 Lexus SC 400 RWD

I would ask them to check the sensors. Something is wrong for it to be going off when parked. Is it doing it all the time? If it is I would suspect that you have a drain somewhere and the alarm is picking it up. Most alarms have a "voltage" meter so if someone gets in your, say through an open window, and starts it. The voltage drops, hence causing the alarm to go off. Or it could be a wiring issue or a sensor for the alarm has gone bad. I would take it to a alarm shop and have them look at it. Best of luck and I hope this helps.

See other post also.