Is the alternator fuse supposed to have a wire attached?

Asked by Sep 29, 2012 at 01:00 PM about the 1995 Lexus SC 400 RWD

My car alternator isn't charging my battery. In the fuse box (under the hood) there is no wire under the
150A alt fuse. But there are wires attached to the other fuses next to it. I smelled something burning
under the hood earlier that day before the battery died. Got a new battery and that died after an hour

Yes. There is supposed to be wires to the fuse. That is how it gets power. Did you smell the burn when the car was running? It is very odd. Please try to get a better description of what wires you are talking about. The wires that supply voltage to the fuse? Your voltage distributor could be malfunctioning.