92 lexus sc 400 just bought (160k)

25

Asked by Mar 23, 2008 at 12:46 PM about the 1992 Lexus SC 400 RWD

1. what is the floor mounted button under the accelator pedel? Dont think its a problem but what does it do?

2. Cant get the volume up on the rear speakers. I can fade from front to rear ok but no volume to rear. Any simple steps for trouble shooting or resolution??

Any input would be appreciated. This is my first SC and dont know anyone that has been on this journey.
thanks guys

45,565

Not sure about the button on the floor, but the rear speakers may be partially friend, allowing fading to them, but not much volume. I would take this to a local stereo shop and see what they recommend. The button under the pedal may be a stop for the pedal, does it depress, or does it just keep the pedal from travelling any further?

125

1) Are you talking about the gas tank and trunk release? If not, it sounds like it might be a cover for a panel screw. Luxury cars dont like to have their screws and bolts showing on the interior. 2) I would check the power amplifier in the trunk. A month back, my sound system was giving me problems. The sound would be working fine, then die. A couple days later it would start working again. I thought it was the head unit at first, but the amplifier turned out to be the culprite. If the amplifier isn't the reason for your problem, its most likely the speakers themselves.