I am looking at a 1995 SC 300 for my daughter as her first car. It has 125K or so on it. What kind of mileage does it get? Do you think she should get another 50K

Asked by May 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM about the 1995 Lexus SC 300 Base

35

It's going to cost a fortune to run, insure and maintain...for a first car..? Surely something newer and smaller and more economical has to be better..?? ...but if the cost is not an issue... then buy something newer anyway..?? An old Lexus is a burden... expensive and gives little back, and will be hard to sell on again in the future

40,265

Agreed, try an American car or a common foreign car like a Honda, Toyota type. Lexus parts are more expensive and harder to find.

75

I have owned my 95 SC 300 for almost 2 years now, the only money I have spent is on new front rotors and calipers at around 105K miles. Give it a regular oil change and drive it responsibly and you will get many of trouble free miles out of it. I have seen these cars with over 200K miles on them and still ticking, just take care of it. In the city I get around 19-21mpg, my best highway road trip was nearly 26 mpg.

10

I'm selling my 1995 SC 300. Run strong & the interior is clean and VERY well taken care of. I have it listed on craigslist: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/car/773332230.html Rare 1995 Lexus SC 300 5spd 230k/mi. Drives great! Strong engine....very fast! All receipts & service records Well taken care of Power everything Interior in great condition Great on gas Features: New Rack-&-Pinion New Lower Control Arm & Ball Joint New Passenger side Tie-Rod New Clutch Kit & pedal New Flex pipe for quiet exhaust Bad: Frion leak in A/C (my reason for selling this car) Driver side window needs new regulator Power antenna stopped working One fog light out Included extras: 18" Chrome rims 22" Chrome rims 17" Factory Lexus rims DVD Player & console monitor 12 Disc CD Changer Factory installed Lexus SC 400 Spoiler (rare!) This car is fast and powerful. I've owned the car for two years. As mentioned above, my reason for selling it is the fact that the A/C has a Frion leak in it. Since I'm too busy running working and running a business I'd rather sell the car to someone who will continue to take care of this rare find. $6800/obo with the three sets of rims and tires (Chrome 22", Chrome 18", and Factory Lexus rims on brand new tires!) $6,000/obo with the factory rims and brand new tires only. Best offer gets it. ajohnson01776@yahoo.com

10

rear view

10

With the 22" rims

10

with the 18" rims

85

A first car, not the best option. It isnt as conservative on gas but not bad. If she wants a lexus get her an IS300, samller, newer, better gas mileage supposedly. I would recommend a smaller car, not too small. A Toyota Corolla maybe, like a 99-00. Possibly lower price than the Lexus, better gas mileage & younger. Plus, unquestionable reliability. PS. The Lexus will sell if u need it to.

365

IS200 would be even better... man i love those cars

255

I have had my '93 SC300 for almost a year. I bought it with 125k and the only problem i have had out of it was an alternator that went out. it is an extremely reliable car and they are notoriously safe. I have seen news stories of people hitting a light pole at 108mph and walking off. another story was of a guy who flipped off a curve into a canyon and lived where someone else had died 2 months earlier. I have a considerable amount of $ in my car but almost all of it is appearance and performance upgrades. the only $ i have absolutely HAD to put in was the alternator but I would recommend putting a tune up in any used car. Insurance will probably be an issue. I get 19-21 city and 22-25 hwy depending on the quality of gas I use.

255

also, these cars have a very large following in the tuner world so if you do decide to sell it you will have no problem.

I have owned my 95 SC300 for aprox 7 years and it has 250K on it the only things i have had to replace besides the usual maintenance and brakes/tires. has been the power steering for $800 and the alternator for $200. Its amazing to me that it still drives very tight like a new car.And the original paint and interior still look like a newer car. I love my Lexus and will probably buy another one when this one finally wears out.

ok I would just like to ad i am 27 years old I have owned 4 lexus vehicles since I was 16 years old my dad gave me his 1992 Lexus ls400 with 100k miles on it I drove that baby till it hit 220 miles all I replaced was the ac compressor common problem on that car. cost back then was 800 bucks for install and part cost today is about 250 install and labor parts are sooooo easy to find on these cars! all my lexus have cost me less than a 1000 bucks on common things that can break down. I then moved to Vegas and wanted to look classy so made the mistake of buying a 2006 mercedes s500 WOW my air ride went out and it was nearly 2k for one suspension! I filed a claim and told them I hit a dog! thank god for insurance! then the electrical, then my window, then my windsheild wipers! ugh ill never buy a benz again so now I own a Toyota tundra which I love! and that is just like buying a Lexus lx470. I have a Lexus sc300 with 80k miles im selling her because I dont need 3 cars I love my baby im the second owner im asking 9500 because the mileage and its a highly sought out car for many tuner enthusiast out there this car has the 2jz motor the same motor they put in a SUPRA!! i bet you didnt know that this motor can handle 1400 hp easy! Lexus honestly made more reliable machines when they first came out then they do now! thats sad but true. . . trust me if you want to know all about lexus I will let you know call me. dont listen to these other people. I worked for a car dealership out in nevada Towbin Dodge we sold a ton of is300 junk!! es300 lexus even worst! dont buy those low end lexus we had many issues with these cars we sold so many because we bought so many for sooooo cheap on the eastcoast then resold on the midwest where the book is higher. sad but true cars have ton of issues! oh yeah also on insurance as long as you are on as a co-signer she shouldnt pay more than 60 bucks a month depending on where you live. I still have my sc300 and with usaa i pay 68 bucks full coverage! and im 27 years old male. females tend to pay less. again sad but true.. .lol Alex 505-453-1862 if you have any questions text or call have a good one..

another side of my sc300

another im selling her! ill even drive it to wherever you are! ROAD TRIP!!!lol