my touch screen went black on my 330RX 2004

115

Asked by Jun 07, 2013 at 02:51 AM about the 2004 Lexus RX 330 AWD

were you doing something different, like tryin' the new "plugs into the cigarette lighter" pizza oven or daiquiri blender?....just thinking these things do not normally go bad by themselves...is there power to it, and as if someone put the settings on "null-o-channel" for which is nothing to display...could be in your display settings, if power is there to the unit, and what is being displayed is nonsense~ check the menu, select and mode buttons to find the right input display.~

if there isn't power to the unit, check the relay and/or fuse for this device~

115

I was not doing anything different. I was driving when it happened. I do not have any power to the unit because the clock and air conditioner are not working. What is a relay? Thank you for helping me.

yeah kimberly, let's find that relay...give me some time~

here's some words: The problem is - GPS (Nav) console and the cost: New - $6,000, Rebuilt - 1700. If your GPS goes blank that is your problem. The reason the heating/AC and clock also drops off-line is Lexus designed a single-point-failure. Because you can adjust the heat/AC and the clock using the GPS touch screen, the GPS fails the rest fails.

that doesn't sound like a beautiful song~ will look into your schematic to see if we can simply jumper the problem~

there is NOT ONE single public domain electrical schematic available...like SAAB the only way is to pay for the factory service manual...very tightly gripped by people who own them~

115

WOW! Does not sound good? Do you think it maybe a fuse? It all worked great until now!!!!!

115

New 6000.00? That is just crazy! Even 1700.00 is a lot! I only have 82,000 on the car. I love my car!

if the thing goes off...then comes on...then goes off, then can come on again one would have to suspect a connector, power-switches to the unit plastic electrical connector has become partially unseated~

...it's our only hope~

check your fusebox....it's a land of modules anymore though...the LCM, light control module, the BCM body control module the ECU Electronic Control Unit never had all these damned modules that you can do nothing with except replace...kind of frustrating for a curious monkey who wants to take it all apart~

115

No, it does not come on and go off! The backup camera is included in this mess. I looked up in the book and see it could be a 7.5 fuse in the driver side. That is my only hope! I was thinking a fuse because it just went out so fast! Have had no issues with it at all! I do not want to take it to the dealer so I will try to find someone in the Pasadena, CA area?

you're smart KimberlyC! you don't need my help~

Califonia is a sunny land filled with sunny, smiley people...have been here since 1988 and have never found such content people...Weathercaster Roberta Gonzales wife of Randy Hahn (skipper of SJ sharks) has been my friend since the early nineties is a former cheerleader and always cheerin'~...makes me happy to see such a happy person...we never had those back in Wisconsin.~

115

You are funny! I am not smart when it comes to cars! I just know where the keys goes to make it go from place to place! Do you know someone or somewhere I should take it here in sunny Cal? Thank you for your help!

Every day is a beautiful day, and although I'm in one of the cheapest places to live in Califorinia...there is NO pavement...just dirt and boulders (my MINI hates it here) no streetlights, but we've got deer and probably 300 species of birds...the stars are amazing here and the moon lights up everything...so lucky to have landed here, but no one comes to see me, got MS and cannot work so here I am pleased to meet you~ do you own a surfboard? Laguna sounds interesting, but am too old and crabby to travel anymore~

ever seen that show "California's Gold" with Huell Howser (that gay deceased Texan)...well he took you to some of the finest sights this state has to offer...there are at least 25 MUST SEE places....La Brea Tar Pit, J Paul Getty museum. observatory near Hollywood (mgrath?) mulholland drive in a sports car...to name a few down south there...of course left my heart in San Francisco...steady 50 degrees year round 'cept NO one can afford it...residents of thirty years are turned out of their homes for an economic tidal wave~

Clearlake, home of the toothless and assorted teeth, plaid wearing, mis-matched pajama, overweight, mis-matched body panels, every car is a "report polluting stinker smoker" yet not the money to put it right...am in a little chained off area of 6th street, the former stomping grounds of the POMO, until they were murdered to extinction by Kelsey and his boys~ I feel strange presences and scarey (especially at night with no streetlights, evidence if this prior civilization....especially near anderson marsh~

115

I go through Clearlake on my way to Eureka! What's up with the water? I love to drive through and see the houses on the lake but the water looks a bit nasty. I went and got new fuses and I am going to ask the neighbor to help me and see if that is not the problem. The man at the auto supply said it sounds like a fuse to just go out without warning! I hope so because it was hot in the car with on air just going to the parts place.

the water is poisoned with mercury that was used during the '49ers that did not care about anything but that GOLD~ now if you eat one fish will suffer from brain damage---how to get the mercury out? this is the largest naturally occurring body of fresh water in California~ did I mention that the toothless prison nazi's around here are covered with unemployable tattoos, women, men everyone has them...why someone would want to permanently alter the skin in a most visible fashion seems a little out of whack in my judgement~

You are probably going to want to find the source of the electrical short before the replacement fuse gets snorched~ Eric the car guy has a torturous "7 planes of hell" walks you through finding your electrical short~ will cough up the video, if you can take it...let the judge know~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0 this is for a parasitic draw, but could be used to find the short too~

115

Well....The fuse was good! Guess I am off to the repair shop!!!!!!

we could search ebay for a replacement...might save you a bit of scratch~

115

Maybe, but I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to this! I would much rather paint!

kim, I'm a painter too---posted maybe fifty to Nikki, here's the thread---- enjoy http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t4222_ds539787

115

WOW! I am impressed! You paintings are fabulous and I just love the shade work!

115

Well...It is the touch screen itself that went out and shows no power at hte shop. They ordered a new one and it is going to be 1200.00!

oooo. that's MINI cooper style pricing...our MINI CVT oil is $310.00/qt....sometimes you've gotta just bite the bullet...really wanted to see another California artist's work...Rothco...Diebenkorn....California Light please~

you could attach them to an email to paintster@yahoo.com that'd be swell~!

115

Had the power board changed 1242.00 later works great!

ooof. and they are always bitchin' to me that MINI's are expensive~