hairline cracks on my dashboard

Asked by Aug 05, 2012 at 04:42 PM about the 2004 Lexus RX 330 AWD

I recently purchased a 2004 RX 330 which is in excellent condition. This car is kept in a garage but I
recently noticed some cracks on my dashboard. Can this be corrected and what is causing the cracks>

210,425

It's caused by heat, expansion and contraction. Only correction is to replace the dash or dash panel. Talk to your local Lexus dealer.

260

It is caused by Hydrolysis, a chemical decomposition, in which a compound is split into other compounds, by reacting with water or moisture. It is very common on the Lexus RX330-350, and the Toyota 4Runner, and other vehicles made by Toyota. There needs to be a class action lawsuit brought against Toyota, just like with the headlight moisture problem. They need to be recalled.

720

August 2004, I bought a new LEXUS RX330. Last two weeks my 2004 Lexus RX330 seems to falling apart. The dashboard crack is getting bigger; instead of 4” now it's more than 10”, and keys are also cracked to pieces. Two years ago, I paid $45 to replace a broken key, it is broken and cracked again. All together we have three keys that had broken. Apparently I'm not the only one have cracked dashboard problems. My question is both key and dashboard is not under warranty, however, Lexus offered me $200 for the key only? really? That all you could do for your defective material?

720

2004 RX 330 cracked dashboard

90

Also have a 2004 RX 330 with a cracked dashboard. Taking it to Lexus and they say its due to the mileage on the car!!! I am insulted!

350

please email me your info if you are interested in pursuing action against Lexus. -year/make/model of car -extent of problem -response if any from Lexus -your name/address/ and phone -Jennifer Policastro drakeestates@gmail.com

110

I own a 330 lexus very angry after reading these posts. I took my car to the dealership as well. My first question was "are you having problems with dashboards cracking?" I was told no. I can see that was a lie. I was given a quote to replace the dash. Approx 1400.00 they would pay half and they would repair. Had 30 days to make up my mind. Didn't return but I may just go back after the Google research. I also have 2 other recalls to deal with. Ugh!! Crack on pass side grown to about 6" other cracks around drivers side air vent getting larger as well.

130

Our 2006 RX330 started cracking at 58k miles. It's a garage kept vehicle in excellent condition. The quality of the dash is complete garbage. I have a 1999 E320 with 120k and the dash is perfect, I also have a several older collector cars 70s and 80s and they also are perfect. I hope a class action lawsuit helps everyone who has had the same problem, as this Lexus dash cracking is a very common problem caused by the decision makers at Lexus corporate to use inferior quality.

320

My RX330 that has always been garaged is cracked from one end to another--told they would pay half of the $1800 that it would cost to fix--interested in class-action suit. gwenheathman@gmail.com

190

Well, at least I am not alone. Noticed a large, hairline crack on the dashboard above the glove compartment, then more appeared near air conditioning vents on both passenger and driver side. This car, a 2004 RX 330, has always been garaged! It has 55,000 miles on it, and people have remarked that it is in brand -new condition. The cosmetically offensive crack is a scar on this, otherwise, wonderful car. No matter that the warranties on these older cars has expired, Toyota needs to address this problem. YES, I would be happy to join a class action suit. There are many of these cars on the road today, and for those well-kept ones, this is a condition that needs a "fix" response from the manufactuer.

160

I have a 2005 RX 330 with several unsightly cracks on the dashboard. This seems to be a common problem and feel that the manufacturer should repair this. Let's join forces and hold Toyota accountable. dallasgayle@aol.com

320

how do you begin a class action suit?

100

I have the same problem and it makes me so mad. I was so excited to buy a Lexus and be able to drive it for years to come, but this is just insane. I contacted the local Lexus dealer and got no response.

110

My 2005 RX330 seems to also fit in this category with dashboard suddenly cracking. Also garage kept, otherwise excellent condition. This is my 2nd RX, tha one was traded in before problem arose. Needless to say quite irate! I would love to join in on class action suit.

40

Well I am officially in the cracked dash club. Mine has 90k miles, always kept in the.garage. Great running vehicle but I totally pissed. Class Action

75

Wow, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I had my car in 2 weeks ago for an oil change and new battery when I suddenly got a call from my service manager. He had "sent Lexus an email" about my cracked (in MULTIPLE places) and melting dash and they would be willing to replace it - but I had to pay the labor. oh, and normally they would charge $500 for the labor, but for me he would drop it to $400. I took the deal wthout researching the problem. Love my new dash, but furious that this is a known issue. I would have made them replace it for free. Count me in on the class action suit. 2006 RX400h with 69,000 miles. Garage kept and always serviced at the dealer. You can reach me at dawnsaari@yahoo.com

40

I want in on class action suit for cracked dash board. I had taken my 2004 RX330 in about a year ago and they said they would replace for free but I had to pay like $400 for labor. I didn't get it fixed then and they said I could bring it in whenever I'm ready. Now that the cracks have gotten bigger I called the dealer and was told to bring it in and they would submit pictures to get approval for repair ( I could have sent in the pictures myself instead of wasting my whole Friday waiting just to get car wash). My adviser called back a week later and said they declined to replace the dash board and it would cost around $1,800+ , Class Action is a MUST!!!!! srai57@yahoo.com

100

I definitely would go in on a class action suit. If any of you are legally inclined or know someone could help us. we need to act. Lexus makes too much money to ignore problems of this magnitude. This is definitely manufacture defects!!!!! Owner of a 2004 330

720

I told them my Honda is a 1996, cheaper car compared with the expensive 2004 Lexus RS330. Guss what? my Honda has NO CRACKS!

50

I would go in on a class action suit. I have Lexus Rx 330 2006 and have the same problems. I was told by Lexus representative that it is a defect and Lexus knows about it. I took it to the dealer, they took pictures and said I need to pay $1000.for them to have it replaced. I called Customer service to have a better understanding why Lexus isn't taking full responsibility for the defect and no one cares. They think it's a fair deal. I don't, especially since it is a manufacture defects!!! they didn't even look at the pictures. Rachel@rachelsharabani.com

320

Have you noticed all the different estimates re cracking dashboards that people have gotten from one manufacturer--LEXUS. Isn't there an attorney out there who wants to take on this class-action suit?

100

I certainly did but figured it was based on car type and year. Obviously this has gone on too long. I am going to check with a relative who has knowledge of class action suits.

320

thanks-that's who we need

40

I have a 2004 RX330 and my dash is cracked as well, I want in on the lawsuit as well.

25

I'm in too! Lexus Rx330 2006 lots of cracks, getting obnoxious :(

70

Yes, me too!! Mine is cracked and my car is in perfect condition otherwise!!

70

Gosh, I didn't realize that I'm not the only one dealing with this! My dashboard looks horrible and is only going to crack more!! If anyone hears of a lawsuit or knows please let me know!! amywrdh@yahoo.com

20

I think I have you all beat! I have a 2009 RX which only had 2600 miles on it when I purchased it last November and when it reached 3000 miles cracks started on the dashboard. It now has 12500 miles on it and it looks like crap! I had a 2006 RX which I had to have the dash replaced and my wife has a 2007 Lexus IS 350 which we had to have the dash and 2 door side panels replaced. Would love to join a class action suit.

160

Class Action! Our 2004 RX has only 44,000 miles on it, is in mint condition and always garaged. The dash has cracked all the way around, and is heading towards the middle. Lexus service has been of no help so far.

190

Yes! Apparently, this is happening a lot and Lexus is not eager to help. Response here in Florida blames the intense heat in this climate - even though most of these cars have been garaged and well maintained. So.........Lexus needs to stop selling cars in Florida, hmmm perhaps parts of Arizona and Nevada should be added - HA! Wonder what that would due to their profits! I guess if you drive a Lexus in Alaska and have a car with a dashboard made from the inferior material that is cracking, your dashboard could crack from the extreme cold. Never have heard of a more ridiculous excuse to back out of responsibility. Just wait! It will take one accident where the dashboard releases "fragments" when the airbag deploys, either blinding the passenger, or, worse yet, kill them with a hit to the temple, and Lexus will be wishing they had done the right thing and recalled the vehicles needing repairs.

40

I m in. I have 2005 RX330 and dashboard has cracks allover. Was beating myself up for leaving it in front of the house few times, but now I know it's the faulty product.

100

That is really uncalled for and trashy. Grow up.

70

No, u grow up and mind ur business if u don't have informative info!!

30

It's hard to believe that a company that has built itself around quality can easily walk away from doing the right thing here. I too have a 2004 RX 330 and although the suv is in great shape, I too have cracks all over my dash. Prior to anyone getting in my car, they almost always say that my car looks like it's new, until they see my embarrassing dash. The first thing out of my mouth is yeah, Lexus refuses to stand behind this. Their response "seriously". Lexus, this is hurting your reputation. Please include me in the class action suit information - mwc0610@gmail.com.

100

My dash is slowly getting worse and is now flaking off. It is embarrassing and such a disappointment. I loved my lexus until this. Include me tristanmsnyder@gmail.com

20

Include me in the class action lawsuit. My 2005 RX330 has not only cracked but now has pieces that have fallen off the dash above the glove compartment revealing yellow foam. Looks horrible. Resale value will now be reduced by thousands. sdanaher123@gmail.com

30

I and my doctor have the same 2005 Lexus RX 330 and both dashboards are severely cracked in identical sites. jprince16@cfl.rr.com

20

Exact same deal with me. 2005RX with cracks allover the dash! I also own a 2000 Chevy Truck with 170000 miles on it (never garaged) and the dash in it is in perfect condition. Lexus should be embarrassed!!!

10

Just purchased 2005 RX330 five days ago from Car Max and noticed a crack left of steering wheel this morning. Count me in. Another question. My car has 69,000 mi on it. Car Max offers Max Care warranty. Wondering if you think it is worth it to pay $2,169 for warranty lasting 125,000 mi or 60 mos with a $300 deductible.

160

You would be paying (in advance, mostly) for almost $2500 worth of covered repairs within 5 years. I would roll the dice on the car not actually needing any more than that, and probably none of it. After- market warranties are usually not worth it. Lexus makes a pretty good car. Our friends have 2- one with 173,000 mi. and the other with 230,000 mi. on it. Neither has a cracked dash! Bravo Lexus of Naples FL for getting full coverage for our supremely cracked dash, as soon as the parts come from Japan. We bought our 330 there.

160

Our 2004 RX330 - 44,000 mi., always garaged.

320

Did you say that your Lexus dealership in Florida is taking care of the cracking dashboard?

160

Yes. After 2 weeks, I am still awaiting the parts from Japan, but have been told it will be completely covered at the dealership where I bought the car. Another, closer dealership relayed an offer from corporate Lexus of 25% assistance to me. Prior to receiving my good news, I had posted a comment regarding my dash on Lexus' official Facebook page and was immediately messaged by a corporate rep requesting my VIN#. I don't know what effect this had on my outcome. There is also a Lexus Dash Defects Facebook page that no one seems to have found.

20

My dash is cracking also, I tried to trade it and a dealer wanted me to pay him 2,000 extra bucks to have him take it somewhere to get it fixed. I told him forget it. I too want to join a class action lawsuit. Jaismom03@bellsouth.net

10

I have a cracked dash, too. I want to join a class action lawsuit as well. lijuncheng16@gmail.com

10

I have a 2004 GX470. About a year ago, we noticed a hairline crack above the glove compartment. Now, my dash looks like a spider web. Please advise if anyone is aware of a class action lawsuit. dhksgarrett@gmail.com

want in on the class action same issues 2004 Lexus 330 cracked dash and faulty keys purchased in GA live in FL now garage kept need help!!!!! Thanks to whomever can get this going missboo5@aol.com

20

I have a 2005 RX 330 that has been kept in a garage when not being driven. My dash has cracked and I took it to my dealer who said he would see if it Lexus would assist in the replacement. I called two weeks later and he said it would be replaced at NO COST to me. I took the car in for the replacement and was provided a loaner until the repair was done. Less that 3 hours after dropping the car off, I was called saying the replacement dash had not come in. When I returned the loaner, I was told that the service people had no estimate of when and if the replacement dash would be available. Not even sure if Toyota was making the dash. I was happy they said they would replace with no cost but totally agitated that they didn't have any idea as to when. The car performs fine but two things irritate me about a this care: A CD changer that cannot be repaired and work longer than 13 months and this issue with the dash. My dash is now cracked for longer than 13 inches. I would support a class action suit

I m in too. I have 2005 RX330 and dashboard has started cracking getting more and more. I don't know why this RX 330 has too many problems. I also had break issue on 2009 same year one of RX 330 driver's family died. I have 4 yrs baby girl and so scar me any kind of issue.I just paid off this car and now has this dashboard issue. Hopefully resolve this issue very soon. rebekah@ibtlaws.com

I have a 2005 RX330 and I noticed a dashboard crack several months ago. It is now almost a foot long. My car is always in the garage when not on the road. I'm very interested in having the dashboard replaced (at no cost to me) as soon as possible. Prior to this issue and based on these comments I will definitely be looking at other name brands when I purchase my next car.

10

It's not just a problem with Lexus. I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon. Cracks all the across dash and glove box. Rest of the car is in great condition. No excuse for defective workmanship, especially when Avalon and Lexus are considered luxury vehicles.

60

I want to be on the class action suit as well. I have 2005 RX 330 with lots of cracks. My email is joshisatish@yahooo.com

Are there no layers who own this car with the same problem? Someone needs to take the lead. My wife had her dash board replaced while the car was still under warranty and now we have the same problem.

I have a 2005 RX330 with only 76000 miles always in the garage and the dashboard cracked just a day ago I thought I was the only one. I will take it to Lexus and see what the say. I will never buy another Lexus. This is only one issue I have had, plus 3 recalls and the defective lights that Lexus wont fix.

40

they just recalled the headlights

40

So, when can we start?

2005 RX330. Cracking problems. I'm in on class action.

2004 RX only 65K miles totally cracked. We also had an is250 with completely melted dash it would stain all my clothes and purse if I set it anywhere near the glove compartment. Couldn't even change the radio without getting black tar like melted dash all over my hands. Count me in on class action.

160

My car exactly. I complained on the official Lexus Facebook page about my ridiculously cracked dash (see photos on Lexus Dash Defects Facebook page). Almost immediately I was contacted for my VIN #, and within 48 hours I received a call from my dealership with approval for replacement at no cost to me. I had already put in a request for the repair at the dealership, so, who knows? Try it. The dealership indicated that it seems Lexus is stepping up.

320

That's the best answer I've heard yet--will try it with my dealership and I plan to send them the emails from this site. Thank you Mark!

30

I had the same experience just recently at Lexus of Austin. I went in and complained (my car is 2004 with 120K miles). They took pictures and the next day called and told me that they would cover it 100%. I have a new dash now for free. I couldn't be more happy with how Lexus took care of this and I will be buying another one from the company. Ironic how 1800 makes or breaks a future deal for me.

30

My question for everyone is "Are the new dash made of different material ?" It appears to be the same type molding that's why I'm asking. I hate to have to go through this again. They said this was a one time good will repair.

I have a 2004 lexus rx330 and I have the same dashboard problem I would like to join for the class action suit vmelvin10@yahoo.com it's time to do something about it.

10

I have a 2005 Lexus RX330 with major cracking and pieces falling off. I also would like to join the class action suit, cueone1@aol.com. Lexus dealer in Florida refuses to assume responsibility for repair or replacement.

320

I've contacted the Toyota Corporation by email--previously I had called them. Told them that if they didn't take responsibility for this manufacturer's defect, that a class-action suit was brewing. Awaiting their reply. I also asked if their airbags manufacturer was Takata (the faulty ones with pieces of metal pushing through the bags). Incredible!

My 2005 RX330 has cracking all along the dash. Thought it was just my car here in nw GA; but now I see many others are dealing with this issue. Recall letter received yesterday about this problem. Will the dash be replaced by better quality material? will the airbags be replaced if they are the dangerous Takata ones? Come on Toyota, your public image needs improving!

60

Did you get a recall letter from Lexus for this problem? So is the recall official?

320

I have just recently (for the second time) contacted the Toyota Corporation via email. Their response to the first contact (by phone) begrudingly told me they would give me a 50% off of $1800. Now I am also concerned, and stated in my email to them that I am concerned as to whether or not the airbags are Takata. We need to flood the Corporation with calls and emails.

20

I have a 2005 Rx330 that had a cracked dash. My dealer, Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte where I purchased and have had my car service since new, committed to replace the dash at no charge but when ordering a dash, there was not one available and they were uncertain when and if one would be available from Lexus/Toyota. About a month later they called and had the dash. Hendrick Lexus replaced my dash at not charge to me. I do not know if this was a dealer decision or one supported by Lexus/Toyota, but I am very appreciative for the service by Hndrick. I hope other Lexus and Toyota owners who have dashes that are deteriorating experience the same service provided to me

100

Lexus has added this to the extended warranty program. I got a letter in the mail 2 days ago. You are entitled to 1 free dashboard. It covers the rx330 2004-2006 and a few other models.

We also have a 2004 Lexus RX330 with a cracked dash, 2 cracked keys and faulty headlamps.......good to see we are not alone but also mad that there are so many of us out here. Lexus needs to step up and fix these issues ASAP. We are in on the Class Action Suit!!! Will try local Dealer for assistance. mmcgrogan@triad.rr.com

320

I had heard from my dealership that Toyota is only recalling the Lexus' dashboard problem on the 2005 and later models. Also my dealership said that the RX's do not have Takata airbags. Hope this helps. Let's flood Toyota and your dealerships with getting this issue resolved.

60

I just got a recall letter from Lexus for dashboard replacement. Woo hoo..

320

Apparently, they are also covering 2004 RX330's. Only problem now is waiting on the parts. My dealership says it will be April or May. Also, when I inquired on the airbags, as to whether or not they were Takata manufactured, they answered in an email that they did not have that information! A little alarming.

190

That is the make and model of my Lexus. I was fortunate to have a patient and proactive service manager at my dealership in Clearwater, Florida. My dashboard was replaced in December. There was a wait time, but happy it is done and it looks great. To all who stayed diligent in this effort to make Lexus aware of this problem and keep it in the forefront, it paid off! The recall and replacement offer happened.

320

Good for you Mark--we'll see what my dealership in Clear Lake, Texas, does. I have referred them to Car Gurus.

70

I have a 2004 RX 330 and I can't believe so many people have the same issue. I am so excited that this issue is being corrected.

70

I found the link to the Lexus dash defect page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Defective-Toyota-Lexus-Cracked- Dash-Boards/135858699944412?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

I have a 2004 lexus rx330 and I have the same dashboard problem I would like to join for the class action suit !

70

From what I have read in this thread Lexus is replacing the dashs I will be contacting Toyta tomorrow and will update you with the info I receive.

70

I just spoke to corporate, they said they are doing what is called an extended warranty. They ARE replacing them you have to call your local dealership to see how they are. Handling it as far as if they are generating a list or how ever it is they are doing it. Make sure your address is updated with DMV in order to receive all notifications concerning this matter. Hope this was helpful.

70

Also they said the parts will not be available until May

10

I'm currently raising Cain on the facebook pages suggested in earlier post. I'm in the Atlanta area. Will see.

40

Oh my gosh I just got a letter from Lexus corporate yesterday about an extended warranty to cover the repair/replacement for any melted or cracked dashboards until 2017! I have been upset for MONTHS about their unwillingness to help me with this issue-and now my prayers are answered!

320

Thank you jslindzy--very encouraging!

40

Here's a shot of the sticker part that came with the letter

I wonderedWhy? bought several lexus have a 2005 rx339 not hardly anytime ,thinking my fauglt...........I will galdy join in on class action suit,I will even take a new one for the aggravation!!!!!!!!!!!Hope they have good dashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I amy buy another if service prevails Dick Knight In Ky 2709298650.help

Regarding the cracked dashboard...Count me in, too. Have a 2005 RX330. Also issue with the condensation inside the headlight cover. Not sure if that has been an issue for other owners as well. winterparktutor@gmail.com Thanks!

Have I missed the 'Class Action' bus? I have the same problem but am out in the sticks here in Diani Beach, South coast Kenya! Any ideas on who to contact to get some redress? My car would be impossible to sell looking like a well weathered Sherpa!! Any suggestions to me at mikebowen810@gmail.com.

Oh and I forgot to mention both keys now held together with electrical tape!!

Me too! I have a 2005 RX330, garage stored and the dash is horrible. The material on the dash is so soft too that it can be nicked with my fingernail and it causes a gash. Correct me if I'm wrong but a dash shouldn't be that soft! The cracks on mine started on the passenger side and have spread. It's terrible. This is my fourth Lexus and none of the other, older vehicles had any dash issues whatsoever, so infuriating! If a suit is formed my email is metafloradesign@yahoo.com

40

Lexus are notifying owners that they will repair cracked or melted dashboards. I think these class actions really scared them. I got my service bulletin(?) in the mail about two months ago. I took a picture and posted it above

320

PLS NOTE: Lexus has now decided to cover the dashboards starting with 2004 models. Call your dealerships. Thanks.

I contacted Lexus on their Facebook page and they responded promptly. The new extended warranty will cover soft, melting and cracking dashboards. Hope everyone gets theirs fixed with little issue. :)

40

Sorry to inform you but I took my car to their dealership and their answer is that we are just studying right now….. NO REPLACEMENTS IN ORDER

320

But I called my dealership and they told me that the parts would be in in June and that even 2004 models would be included. They had heard from the Lexus people.I guess we need to keep this chat going.

10

I am in this group as well. I only have 42180 miles on my car. I bought it brandy new in 2006. I always keep my car in the garage.The cracks are getting longer. I called today, 3/25/15 and spoke with my advisor in Lexus of Jacksonville and was told that in May I will receive a letter to get my dashboard replaced. This not just in Jacksonville, but everyone affected.

count me in cracked dash has started to peelterryj4471@gmail.com

terryj4471@gmail.com

55

count me in Cheimer18@ymail.com. 2004 Lexus Rx 330. Awful!!

I am having the same problem with my rx330. There are a lot of cracks in my dash.. I'm interested in the lawsuit also. .

10

The Jacksonville Dealership said that Lexus will send letters to the car owners in May to resolve the problem.

2005 es 330 cracked dash airbag. please add me to the list info@reefempire.com Thankx

720

2004 RX330 cracked dashboard

2005 es 330 cracked dash airbag. please add me to the list gvarghese48@gmail,com

320

Supposedly, Lexus is going to honor Models 2004 and newer--call your dealership or the Toyota Corp. They should be sending you a letter after your complaint.

HELP! I have a 2004 RX330 with the same problem. I have several cracks all over the dash now. When I purchased, it has 106k miles with just a few little cracks, now it has cracks throughout. I've called the dealership and they keep telling me the parts are not in. I've asked them several times to send me a letter about the recall, but I have not gotten anything and they just keep telling me to wait. I'm getting pissed now. I want in on the class action suit now. I want my letter and dashboard replaced just like they have told me based on the recall. tcmg.digiorgio@gmail.com

i have the same problem, please add me in too: lynatran714@yahoo.com

20

I have 2004 Lexus Rx330 and I noticed that the dashboard start cracking and pieces start falling, I heard from some Lexus owners that they were promised that the Lexus will be correcting this problem... I need to know the update

40

Jacksonville Florida Lexus dealer can't even give me an estimate when the replacement dash for 2006 RX330 will arrive. Get me in on the class action lawsuit. email: kk3151@gmail.com. I called corporate and they said "be patient" - well I've had these dash cracks for many years now and I've been patient enough. Let the lawyers in.

40

headlight condensation is also an issue which Lexus corporate has acknowledged; however Jacksonville Lexus dealer refuses to replace. I have an RX330, 2006. i'm beginning to question if Lexus brand is any better than Ford or GM. Why bother paying a premium for Lexus if it appears to be smoke and mirrors on quality and service.

320

Also have had that issue--my Lexus is a 2004 RX330--have had one headlight replaced--it had water in it--the other one was very cloudy, but no water in it--they would not replace--cost, they said, about $2000! The other day I had a broken rear-view mirror (just the mirror) cost $500-no other damage to it. DID I MENTION THAT MY CAR HAS ALWAYS BEEN GARAGED! Do I have to leave it outside on a super rainy day to try to get water in the headlight. It gets cloudy. Might put a hose on it.

Toyota sent me a check 29.23 pay for the cracks on the Dash of my RX330 . i just wonder that are there anyone in this forum had the check ? i don't want the check , i want they fix it ... are you with me ?

40

Go to a Lexus dealer and for your complaint there. Lexus corporate has agreed to replace the dash.

40

Do meet cash Toyotas check.

40

Do not cash Toyotas check. But go to a Lexus dealer.

320

Aren't any lawyers in this forum?

Do you know if lexus has recall for 2005 dash board crack around the airbag. mine is getting bad.

320

Lexus has recall to replace breaking dashboards from year model 2004 (RXs and some others). Check with your dealership or call Toyota

I, too have a 2004 Lexus 330 with a huge crack on the front of the right side dash. It only has 40,000 miles on it! We shipped it from Iowa to our winter home in Florida a couple of years ago. Managed to make it through 9 years of Iowa winters without cracking. Going to check at the Naples Lexus dealership when we arrive there in a couple of weeks to see what they are doing about it.

I also have a 2004 Lexus RX 330 that has major cracks and peeling off leather. I took it to the dealer to get an estimate on it. They told me that my dashboard was one of the worst they have seen thus far. I contacted the corporate office on several occasions. Finally, i received a letter about the recall. When i contacted the dealer to fix it they put me on a long waiting list back in February. It's now November 2015 and they continue to tell me they do not have the part. I have been wanting to sell the car at this point but the value has dropped tremendously due to the dashboard issue. I am frustrated and the longer I hold onto the car the less the value on it. If there is a class action suit I want in ASAP!!!!

40

I just had my 2006 Lexus rx330 dashboard replaced by a local dealer after waiting 7 months. I visited them every month to make them know I was never going away. You need to bug them regularly and call Lexus Corporate too.

lexus is changing also toyota dashpads for free under recall

40

Lexus is not replacing headlights for free. They found so many loopholes. Make sure everyone that your name is in the list of dashboard replacement list. I put my name in the list over phone but when I took my car there for headlight replacement and got refusal, I thought it was a good idea to check my name in the list, but I got a surprise (shock as a matter of fact.) They told me on phone that the wait was 9 months but at the dealership I found out that not only the wait was 2 years+ but also my name was not on the list at all. It was like I never called :( Just a heads up.. Call them few times to make sure that your name is on waiting list otherwise, like headlights, they will say that the window when u could replace is gone and now u have to pay out of pocket.

I am about to purchase a 2005 Lexus RX330 Good condition with the exception of the dashboard (of course), Priced reasonable. But now after reading everything I am wondering what to do. I called J M Lexus and they advised me that I would qualify for the repair but it is a 15 page waiting list. .....Not sure what to do now

320

I would call the Dealership or where you are about to buy. If from a Dealership, call them and tell them about this site. The same if bought from a private person. The wait for me has been a year--and that is from the time Lexus admitted it had a problem. Also, put a hose on your headlights. Some, like mine, apparently were, improperly sealed. Both of my headlights (Lexus RX330 2004) garaged became opaque. One was worse than the other. Bought product to see if I could take film off, but the film was inside the headlight. My dealership won't replace it until I send them a picture of the headlight with condensation. So, I guess my answer would be to have whoever sold it to you lower the price even more because of these two manufacturer's defects. Good luck! Also, there should be a Consumer's Protection Agency in the Government that you can try to contact.

Include me in the class action law suit. My 2005 rx 330 lexus is in great condition and has been take care of. I have been calling lexus (at-least 3 different locations-even willing to travel to get this fixed). I keep getting the run around. The service lady is telling me, it could take up to 2 years. This is not my fault. They need to fix it. If anyone is pursuing a class action law suit- please email me: lakeishastewart@mail.com

If anyone is pursuing a class action law suit, add me: lanajwong@yahoo.com. I too have a 2005 RX 330 and having both cracked dashboard and condensation headlights. I took my car to the Longo Lexus Dealership in El Monte Califiornina for almost a year ago and I'm still waiting for my dashboard replacement. Nothing. I've emailed my service advisor a few times and each time, still waiting. Hopefully someone on this forum has better luck and can give me some advise. Thanks in advance.

Count us in! My parents have been waiting 5 years for a new dash in thier Lexus . This is rediculous. We have called corporate, dealerships, the local news. Thier car only has 25,000 miles on it. Dash is completely cracked everywhere. Curtismuma@yahoo.com

295

I have the same dash and radiator problem --CRACKED.2006 RX400H LET US ALL FILE COMPLAIN TO THE CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY. Though it is a Federal Gov. Agency. It might take action in lieu of our trying to find class action lawyer who only craves for big money.

10

We received paperwork stating that our dash might have cracks and that Lexus was going to replace them. I stopped by the dealer and put in my notice to have it repaired (over a year before I complained and had a similar experience where they would pay half (which is probably their usual profit on these. I sent, next day air FedEx, a note to the head of Lexus USA regarding the severe cracking going on with my RX300. I was contacted by a corporate executive (so she said) and that I would be specially marked for dash replacement. We are now about 20 months or so after I was told it would be a couple of months when it would be fixed. Outside of that I love the car but must say I'm disappointed with Lexus. Expected more from them. My car has far more miles than some mentioned and not garaged so I have far less to complain about.

40

About two weeks ago, I got a call from the Lexus dealership stating my replacement dashboard has finally came in! Mind you I intially contacted them about 18 months earlier or as soon as I received the recall information from Lexus. It took about a day and a half, but they replaced it free of charge and filled my car up with gas! I hated to return the loaner car, but I love looking at my perfect dashboard again

5

I own an 04 gx470 and from what I have read, Lexus is offering new dashboards for certain cars and certain years... mine included. I have read that it does not matter if you are original owner or not. Also, it sounds like persistence will help - call the dealer and be proactive.