1996 LS 400 - power steering rack replacement part

40

Asked by Sep 27, 2013 at 03:17 PM about the 1996 Lexus LS 400 Base

I am in the search for a power steering rack replacement part for my 1996 LS 400. I have been surfing the internet for this for a long time. The "Lexus" original parts cost close to $2,000. That is more than the worth of my car. The car is in pristine condition and still drivable. I just need to keep topping up the fluid, but I want a long-term solution & to protect the environment. Some website do not give me too many details to choose from either one with an EVO or one without. That is the tough part.Can someone recommend a reliable parts supplier site that you have dealt with before.Thanks

10

I have one for sale contact me at 210 995 1472

20

My Rack & Pinion went out on my 1991 Lexus LS 400. I needed the complete Rack to include the Solenoid. I found them online for around a $1,000.00. I kept looking and "Parts Geek" told me to try " Steering Parts.Com". I did and they were advertising one on E-Bay for $399.00-w/Solenoid --AND--Brackets for Vibration Damper, that other suppliers did not include. You would have to dis-assemble the new rack and install your brackets on it. Also, it was available right here in a warehouse in San Diego. I was SO STOKED! Get ready for a lot of work! Oh, Yeah, make sure you replace the Power Steering Pump! You will have to remove your Reservoir and Remove the top and clean it out! There is a screen in there to catch fine metal particles from getting in pump, tear it out! Before putting it back together, drop a couple of $1.00 magnets in there. Make sure top is very clean and dry!~ Run a real good bead of 3-M or a good grade of silicone and then take water pump pliers and re-clamp top back on Pump--BEFORE RE-INSTALLING PUMP! Good Luck!