suddenly not responsive and shifting is off

Asked by Nov 01, 2013 at 10:57 AM about the 1993 Lexus LS 400 Base

My Lexus LS400 stuttered for a few seconds when pulling into a parking lot.  After a
meal the car started fine but didn't respond well when I went to pull out onto the road.  
The car was very sluggish, not responding to the gas pedal.  Then it stalled going
around a corner when I stepped on the pedal and at a stoplight, too.  It also wouldn't
shift well, yet when I shifted manually the car ran well through the first three gears.  
This car has been running beautifully and the problem occurred like a switch was
flipped.  Can someone tell me what's going on with this car?

Get your diagnostics...okay the '93 Lexus has OBD-I....have the trouble codes read and report~...ANY autoparts store does this for you for free...some are friendlier about it...NAPA has always been very co-operative with me~

really sounds like a vacuum leak or sudden destruction of the diaphragm in your fuel pressure regulator~....techron (don't trust stuff that 'cleans' , cleans away critical components, like the flexible diaphragm of the fuel pressure regulator~ this might be/could be the cause....good luck provin' that in court~

a faulty fuel pressure regulator will issue NO info to the OBD-I system~

Just got back from checking trans fluid and that looks fine. Thanks for taking time to help me j_r. I appreciate your time and knowledge. You wouldn't happen to work in the Detroit area would ya?

not Detroit...Milwaukee for eighteen years...then escaped to country...perfect year round...beautiful sun~ you must apply suction to the fuel pressure regulator to see if it's regulatin' or torn diaphragm~

I have a 93 lexsus lx400 it all.of a sudden not shift in drive fluid good it reverse well im.a female with no help any clue any one