Car completely dead

105

Asked by Mar 17, 2014 at 09:41 PM about the 1998 Lexus GS 400 RWD

Well I my 1998 lexus gs 400 recently got a newer and stronger battery installed because
I was having a problem with my older battery draining whenever the car is not being
driven. Had no problems with the battery since it was installed a few weeks ago. Went
grocery shopping friday with it and didn't drive it saturday or sunday. Monday afternoon I
went to the car and notice the back door wasn't closed completely and that when I try to
open the door with the remote it wasn't working. I had to open the door with the key
manually and when I got inside the car was dead. No dashboard lights, no clicking
sound, nothing came on. I assumed that since the door wasn't completely shut the
dashboard light remained on over the weekend and caused the battery to drain. After I
got a jumpstart I drove around for a bit and came back and parked the car. Now later that
night I went to the kitchen to get something to drink and looked out the window to check
on the car. I noticed that the blue light that is suppose to be blinking for the alarm wasn't
on. I tried pressing the lock button on my key to see if it makes a sound and nothing
happens. The car died again and I jumped it around 1:00 and its 9:30 now.i had a
problem of the car battery draining before but this is the fastest I have seen it drain. this
time its completely dead and I had a stronger battery installed. One thing that is puzzling
me is that I usually make sure I lock all the doors so I found that the door wasn't
completely closed strange. I don't know what is draining the battery so rapidly and why
the car is going completely dead. Nothing comes on when I turn the ignition. Not even a
clicking sound.

105

Also noticed some wires on the street not too far from the car. Didn't want to assume somebody did something to the car since besides the door not being completely shut I could't find anything inside the car being tampered with