Hi I have a 94 Lexus gs 300 drove it three days ago and was noticing the battery light would intermittently come on. My trac, trac off, check engine and abs lights were all lit prior, was low on fuel and noticed the amber oil light would come on when going up hill. So I Parked the car went in the house for a few hours, came out to start the car and the engine would crank but wouldn't turn over. I also noticed I was very low on fuel like on E. The next day I put fuel in the tank go to start it still nothing. Next I check the spark plug wires for spark individually and got spark through every wire. I took apart the air intake spraid starter fluid in the throttle body went to start it and nothing. I next checked my timing belt it was fine. I checked both battery and alternator and they were good. Now im thinking it's the fuel pump. Any ideas Thanks in advance

70

Asked by Mar 06, 2013 at 08:03 PM about the 1994 Lexus GS 300 Base

100,085

Hard to tell what it is. It should have fired with the starting fluid. Maybe the spark is weak.

Best Answer Mark helpful
70

I'm going to put NGK spark plugs and wires along with denso fuel pump screen and filter maybe it's the fuel pump do u think Thanks in advance

Your car is ripe for a BLAST with the garden hose on the battery, undo the terminals and wirebrush them, check the ground connection to the frame and to the engine....do all this stuff, and I'll start believing it's the car's fault!

Damn. Bad Ground. If you've already filled the tank, like you said, the electronics will all "brown out" without solid ground. Everything will misbehave as if gremlins were taking control~

what the hell tenspeed? I'm a Lexus expert now? must have answered maybe half a riddle, and they are placing me on top of you? must be alphamabetically inclined.

70

Lol thanks I got the car with the lights on but never had to worry about no starting....it's pretty Much a fixer upper

100,085

Yep, we're tied for the GS 400 top spot. I like the IS-F better. I was researching them for a while until the Audi A7 caught my eye.

70

I forgot to mention there was an automatic starter that was put prior to me gettin the car.

70

The gs 400 I'm going to check it out