ABS Light

Asked by Oct 14, 2007 at 03:57 AM about the 1995 Lexus ES 300 FWD

I replaced the passenger side front axle.  The abs light now stays on.  All other indicators are ok.  Brakes also seem ok and I am driving it.  
Am I to assume that the problem is the ABS Module?
Thanks in advance for the help.

It is possible that you damaged or did not reconnect a wheel speed sensor. This would cause the ABS light to illuminate but would likely cause no other problems. Have the code read for the ABS and it will tell you what the problem is, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it's the wheel speed sensor.

I did not disconnect the wheel speed sensor. At least, not knowingly, but I may have. I will have the ABS code read and be back in touch. Thanks, Sam

Perhaps you got a axle without a tone ring ? Or it is damaged or if it was a remanufacured axle , then the air gap may be to big ,because of sandblasting of old tone rings.Now the tone ring is a smaller diameter,try another axle,but brandnew

I did change the four suspension and after that when I drive like 30 mile per our the abs light come on and the traction light keep flashing it make a trembeling sound

I take it fire stone to do a dignose test and they couldent get a reading I am wondering if the abs module is not working