HOW TO REPLACE THE VCV VALVE

Asked by Jan 28, 2007 at 04:31 PM about the 1994 Lexus ES 300 Base

ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AFTER REPLACING THE EGR VALVE THE TEMP SENSOR AND NOW THE DEALER IS SAYING TO REPLACE THE VCV VALVE WHERE IS IT AND HOW DO I REPLACE IT?

22,860

Hi dtny ... It's time for you to purchase a Chilton's for your ES 300. Here's a link to Amazon.com where you can purchase one for less than $15. Always good to have around. Good luck!

425

Chasing codes are you? The VCVs are under the plastic engine cover. There are several. Here are some concerns. If you "tried" to clean the throttle body, but didn't take it off, the valves that control the EGR will be damaged by some cleaners. As the post said, you can get a Chiltons, or others. You could also subscribe to the Toyota TIS site and get the real factory pubs. Get to a autoparts place and let me know the code P0XXX?, and maybe I can help. Your car is ODB-II, and the connector is where the fuses are by the drivers left knee. The ODB-II codes are the real deal.