My 1990 Grand Wagoneer is stalling after filling gas tank on hot day, and won't restart for several hours

10

Asked by Jul 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM about the 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4 Dr STD 4WD SUV

I suspect that the new cold gas is reacting with the hot gas in the tank in some way to stop the flow of fuel . After filling it will run for about two to three minutes before stalling and refusing to restart for several hours.  htp317@aol.com

10

Turns out fuel filter on top of engine was getting too hot and causing the gas to boil when the cold gas was introduced; therefore creating a vapor lock. Moved fuel filter to top of fender well, problem solved...........