My 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee limited is tripping out by my passenger side door locks clicking off and on all the time! It won't stay locked, and it's draining my battery ! HELP

5

Asked by Dec 31, 2012 at 08:57 PM about the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

I think my car is haunted, all the sudden I start hearing this on and off clicking noise on the passenger side front and
back doors. The lock is locking and unlocking uncontrollable , even when no one is in it, keys are not in it and it just
keeps doing it !  Now it seems it mite have drained my battery. I have not driven it for about a week, I go to leave
and it sounds like the battery is draining. Not to the point of the battery clicking that I know means its dead. But I
didn't push it either, it has been one thing after another with this jeep. Now it's value has dropped more then half my
loan for it, so I'm stuck with it. To keep making payments on a car I can hardly drive ! I'm disabled and have no $ to
take it in yet again to try and find out what is going on with it. 3 weeks after I got it things started going down, it has
run like crap since the first month. I have been replacing things here and there that I was told needed to be done,
and it still doesn't run right. I'm so frustrated.

1,945

pull the fuse to the door locking system and that should stop the clicking, locking/unlocking and the dead battery... you probably have a short somewhere in the wiring system... a DIY step may be to take off your driver side door and check that no wires are exposed and touching the door or any wires be melted together... the ticking noises or clicking is the short causing your doors to lock / unlock, if you go over bumps it may cause more or less action because it may be moving that shorted wire causing the issue.