When cars are sold, do the dealers take down the cars from the site or just let them linger. Upsets me when you try to reach out and get no response at all.

Asked by Feb 08, 2013 at 11:13 PM about the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Tried twice reaching out to a New Windsor NY dealer............ No reply.  Kind of upset.

18,485

let them linger ,just to see how many more they could have sold, some are ghosts just to see ,what to buy real quick and fill the bill, once in a while they are so busy thats a low priority, some play hard to get by the time you get thru they know your a buyer, they are some of the most brilliant people on the planet [uncanny]

I used to have a dealer called "Trader's Auto Mart" on villard ave. in MIlwaukee. this checkered leisure suit with white belt guy would work with me on buying any one of his many cars, I was a neighborhood boy and could be trusted. made the payments and must have bought a dozen cars over a ten year period as in Wisconsin, the salted roads claim the lives of many undercarriages, and must be moved out of state if they are going to survive-...anyhow a neighborhood car dealer whom you've dealt with for years is my recommendation....else a person who you know who's feet can be held to the fire when it gives you trouble~

995

Ha yeah in the Poughkeepsie area its like no one wants you business enough to call you back. If your really interested you'll probably have to suck it up and just go there

15

It takes about 2 to 3 day for dealer Accounting to book car deals, once it is done Web site works with dealer DMS to see vehicle is billed out and has zero cost, only then it is off all the web sites. Most dealer will call you and let you know if vehicle is still for sale.

Eyeball to eyeball is the only way. If they have a twitch find a different guy...or girl whew wheeeew

Thanks for your answers. It helped a lot. If I go up there and they think they are dealing with a chump they got another thing coming. Female doesn't mean gullible. I do serious research before I spend my money. :)