No tail lights, all fuses good and replaced bulbs, have R lights,brake,turn ect.

Asked by Aug 26, 2012 at 01:52 AM about the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

just have no tail lights and fuses checked out.

90

Hey, just saw your problem, having the same problems here, swapped out lights and sockets. Brake lights work sometimes, then when headlights are on, step on the brakes and they all go out! If you've found any help please let me know, Txguy in maryland

1,255

Sounds like grounding issues.

90

Alright, will check it out from that angle! Thanks bud!

7,205

The problem is the tail lamp assm. itself. Ive seen several of these.....

Having similar issues I replaced the back up light and the turn signal bulb but they still dont work. Head lights work rear pass turn signal light works, and break lights work. I think its eletrical I found some connections under the bench seat behind the driver seat that there were two wires not connected to anything. and the left turn signal light is always on on the dash. Think i should replace the fuses or something else> I have a 95 jeep grand charokee larado that was not properly taken care of by the previous owner. He did say though that the clicker for the left turn signal had been replaced before. mike

80

Its the heat from the bulb. Badly designed rear light assembly. Bulb melts plastic around points. You can try (A) solution which might only be temporary, or (B) buy a new, improvedrear light assembly for around $40. (A) 1) The cause of the problem is heat from the bulb. 2) Remove the light assembly as if you were going to change a bulb. 3) Turn the socket and remove it from the taillight assembly and set it aside(check to be sure your bulb is not burnt out). 4) Look at the opening, you will see 3 flat chrome colored contacts on the assembly. 5) Notice the one by it self at the top of the opening, that is the “ground”. 6) If you look closely you will notice the plastic around the ground contact has shrunk a little bit, this caused the contact to pull away from the socket, causing the problem. 7) With a small flat head screwdriver, VERY GENTLY pry up the contact so it stays slightly upward by itself. 8) Re-insert the bulb assembly back into the housing and press your brake petal with your lights on. 9) You should be in good to go! 10) Tools: Phillips head screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver. 11) Time : 5 minutes per light (B) http://www.amazon.com/TYC-11-5276-00-Cherokee-Replacement- Assembly/dp/B0031I3TNI/ref=lh_ni_t_mi? ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AHIM67Z9GO6HA