heater fan not working. Is there a fuse? Any ideas?

25

Asked by May 13, 2007 at 03:11 PM about the 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

The heater is not working nor the cigar lighter, are these connected to the same fuse? Could it be the fan switch?

29,615

I dont think they are the same fuse but it definitely seems like a fuse problem. Take a look at the fuse box and see what they look like. I also think that in your manual it tells you what fuses belong to which component.

220

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. If the fan doesn't work on any position, it is the fuse. The fuse is under the hood and is 40 amps. Sometimes all you have to do is take it out and put it back in. It may not be necessarily blown. If the blower only works on the high position, it is the blower motor resister. It is behind the glove box. You have to remove the glove box. It is a white rectangular resister about 3 inches long.

50

We checked the fuse to take it out but a new one put one in and the blower still not working any suggestions

50

I have the same problem but when I turn on that car and went to turn on the heat and there is no noise no nothing just the lights are on I guess that's one good sign.... I had the heat on when I was driving and I parked at my local store to go in and I had the heat on and I didn't bother to turn it off when I turned off the car and when I got back in and turned on the car there was nothing the heat did not work. But when i bought that car used it was in the summer and i did not bother to check if anything worked, and when it started to get cold outside I started to use the heat and it only blows out hot air on the passenger side and the driver side it blows out cold. I also do not have the A/C compressor nor the hose could that have something to do with it blowing or could it just me maybe the flaps/doors are not opening right, also the defroster blows out cold air. I have not checked the fuses yet. but i will when I get the chance.

180

I have a similar problem on my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The heat worked fine this morning on the way to work. Now I have no fan. The lights come on, but no air at all, heat or AC. I checked the fuse and it is fine. What else could it be?

80

My heater blower stopped working as well, and my solution was under the glovebox. There is a raised housing unit sticking out under the glovebox on the passenger side. Take the butt end of a blunt object and give it a few love taps while you have the blower on. Thre is a part that needs replacing, can't think of the name, but this has been a temporary fix for me for the past 2 winters. I'm just that American. Lol

HA! I Just tried Brandons trick of hitting the unit under the glovebox and it worked!!! Yay! Had to do it a few times, but for today it's working! Thanks Brandon!!

I also just tried Brandon's suggestion and it worked!!!! Thank you!