where do i start??

Asked by Jul 08, 2013 at 03:02 PM about the 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

windows work 100% of the time when driver door is open. 10% of the time when window is closed driving or not. system control center say coolant sensor failure when it's working perfectly. system center says light failure when all lights are illuminating and working fine. system center says oil low when it's at proper level. what do I do??

7,675

a wire is broke in the harness between door and body. very common problem. You can solder it or use buii connector. Best fix is to replace the harness. be sure to use correct bulbs in taillamps. the monitor system looks at resistance of the bulbs. the same thing w/coolant level sensor in tank. when it goes bad, it will have an open circuit. same as oil level sensor. Other option.....unplug the info message center. I imagine your tired of hearing it make noise....lol

155

I had the light issue for my tail lights. What it ended up being is that their are multiple bulbs in the high mount brake light (The brake light that is mounted inside the rear window at the top). Once I found that out it was simple to figure out which bulb had burned out and $2.49 to replace it.