i got a 93 jeep grand cherokee limited and it has a numbers of problems all pretty much electric

Asked by Jan 23, 2010 at 06:51 PM about the 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

1. the cruise control isn't working 2. the onboard computer constantly restarts each time the car starts 3.the said computer also
tells me my taillights don't work when they do work 4. it also tells me the 4x4 contact is faulty and i don't know if i can believe it
5.there is an electric window that doesn't work on the righthand rear side the drivers electric doorlock doesn't work 6 each time i
start the engine or shut it of i hear an electric engine sound in the dash board passenger side and nothing moves

i wondered it might be some fuses that need replacing maybe the computer is damaged i don't know but i need help on knowing
what to do

the weird noise is probably ur ac fan. sometimes things get stuck up in there like leaves and such..... it sounds to me that your computer is fried, hence the 4x4 fault and the taillight fault.. and the restarting issue. i would go to a junkyard and pull a new one. and check the switches on the rear window and doorlock there known for going bad. also check your voltages.

hey heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I also have a 93 jeep grand cherokee and i can second most everything you said. my cruise control doesnt work. my little cid under the a/c controls say 'rear lamp fail' but they are working. i as well hear the motor moving noise under the dash and the power antenna is disconnected. its trial and error. you must be mechanicaly inclined to fix jeeps..

On a second note, do you happen to have any extra key fobs laying around? if you do please shoot me a message, id like to buy one from you if possible..

unfortunately i don't have any key fobs laying around and i must say that i ''repaired'' the electric engine noise by ripping the antenna by force out of its socket since i was using another antenna now my jeep almost seems afraid to make any displaced sounds from fear of more ripping

As for the tail lights error message, I had this on my 1998 5.9 limited and all lights seemed to be working so I took it to a good mechanic. After a couple of hours investigating they found the issue. There are multiple bulbs in the high mount brake lights and one of them was burned out (though you couldn't tell there was more than one bulb without taking the cover apart), $2.49 later with no labor charges, everything works fine.