if I have replaced my starter and battery and checked all of my wires why wont my cart start?

85

Asked by Feb 28, 2014 at 02:48 AM about the 1994 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr Si Coupe

Ok I have a 1994 del sol SI d16z6 it is a 5speed. One day I was driving my car and it just
started to sound like I had popcorn in my exhaust. At first I thought maybe ot might be
the gas or plugs. Well one day my battery died I got a jump start and I was jp and running
just fine I thought maybe because of the cold it just killed my battery. I had this issue for a
while until one day my car started to die while I was driving and while I was coasting ghe
engine shut off I was rolling so I was able to restart it will a rolling jump start. I was
driving about another mile and it started to sputter and my guages started to go hay wire
saying the engine was over heating my rpms at zerowhile I was at an easy 3grand driving
and spedometer said I was going 90 in a 45. The car comtinued running with all of these
going crazy I made it home and parked the car facing down hill so just incase it would not
start in the morning for work. Well I was right and the car made a clicking sound from the
starrter not having enough volts from the battery to turn over the engine well I tried to do
a rolling start but that didnt even work even from the top of the hill I had an easy 20mph
droped it slowly into 2nd and it basically engine braked  and died. I replaced the battery
and the starter but now when I turn the key it wont try to crank over or even make a
clicking noise when it turn to full start but the guages all turn on properly and I hear my
fuel pump running. My next step is replacing the ignition control module and thenthe
alternator. If its neither of these what other input could you help me with I also have a
bunch of wires just hanging and I dont know what the hellthey connect to because theres
nothjng to connect them too its rediculous I bought tne car from an aspiring racer.. thank
you

85

Also fuze box area pic 1

85

Pic 2

85

3

85

4

85

5

85

6

85

7 look close at the hose

85

8

85

9

85

10

85

11

85

13

4,495

sound like the alternator isn't connected or bad. i only say not connected because of all the wires that seem to be disconnected. another thing i noticed from picture 11 is i didn't see a radiator or cooling fan. correct me if im wrong. also in picture 10 on the left side it looks like something was connected at one time, was there a/c in this car before? last question, is there any aftermarket parts in the car besides the intake? like an oversized tachometer an after market head unit etc.

112,155

Check your negative battery connections to the frame and motor. They must be clean and tight. In picture number 11 I see what looks like a motor ground cable. It is only attached to the frame. For best connection it should be from battery to frame to motor. One solid loop. Or one directly to the frame from battery and one directly to the motor from battery. When this connection is lost all sorts of weird stuff happens. Most times the gauges will go crazy like yours and cause a no start issue.