is k20 capable swap for del sol? never seen it done...

35

Asked by Apr 29, 2008 at 08:13 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr Si Coupe

i would love to know if you could swap for a k20 in a 93 del sol? also if you can do you know if you have to do as much conversions for the weight compensations like h22 swaps and such. thanks.

5

I've seen k20's swapped into del sol's before. It's totally possible. If you try Hasport, they should have the motor mounts that you would need. Another good place to try is Hybrid Racing.

35

K20 is completely possible. However, you will need not only the 92-95 (Eg) k-series motor mounts from hasport, if you swap the 6-speed type-R/type-S you will also need the shifter box out of a RSX.

35

and you will need to buy the alternator relocation kit, and move your brake proportioning valve. and if your hood fits, you will be lucky.

75

Yes, it is possible. The del sol uses the exact same mounts as any other 92-95 civic. The rest of the swap would mirrow what you would do on any other civic. But, there is one thing that might be an issue. Since the del sol uses different shift linkage, and the k swap uses shifter cables, and all the shifter conversion kits are designed for 92-00 civic and 94-01 integras. There might be some small custom work that may be to be done. I cant imagine it would be too difficult, if any at all. It could be so simple as routing the cable slightly different. Just something to think about.

15

thats hass's old car yeah he put a worked k24 in after that engine blew and ran low 12's!!

195

Mate, wanna go psycho?? get a lower end K24 and K20A top and then do the swap. M mate it with a 4-2-1 exhaust setup and Type R cams (compatible with K24), get a good 6spd tranny and let commonsense fill in the gaps (ie: air, ecu etc) Then tell me how fast she goes. ;-)

195

Anyways, point is the Del Sol is based on the Civic platform. The only problem is the age of the car, the K series is completley different setup to the D and B series. but Ive seen an EG Civic with a K24... not sure the level of modding he had to do, but it was probably gutted out and fully replaced.

10

yes you can i have done it my car has been done for about three years now

10

i need the kpro for put a k20a3 on my 1994 honda civic del sol

I want to put the engine but some people tell me it is very difficult and requires many modifications