We have one cylinder that is only getting about 25 PSI (others at 130) wet and dry. Does anyone know of how many valves per cylinder? Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what did you have to fix? It's the 1.5L engine. Thanks, Gary

Asked by Mar 09, 2007 at 04:07 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr Si Coupe

Car has approx. 100K miles on it.

33,175

Dont own one but I do know that it has eight valves, two per cylinder. Not sure what would cause on to only have 25psi while the others have more.

Thanks. SOmeone said it was a 5 valve, but I wanted to scope it out. I'm going to pop the head on it and see where that leads. Thanks, Gary

215

That's a 16 valve engine, with four valves per cylinder. My guess is that you need new piston rings or something is seriously wrong with the piston itself. Sounds like it's not making nearly the compression that it should. This reply is probably way too late to help, but I thought I'd let you know!

5

If the other cylinders are testing normally and wet testing on the bad cylinder doesnt help I would have to say it is the valve guide seals.

1,305

likely a burnt valve to kill it so much on one piston... if it was a piston ring you would hear it