when I turn my switch to crank it won't do anything, but my battery is good, is this common on this vehicle?

Asked by Apr 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM about the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol 2 Dr S Coupe

I parked my car, got in it the next morning would not start. I turn my key and it won't start,
it does not make any kind of noise when turning  the key sounds dead but battery is
100% does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Batteries DO degrade ten percent per year, so if your battery date [flaked stickers off top] is more than ten or 2006 for example, your battery cannot be charged up, has dropped voltage and the starter solenoid will not perform with comprimized voltage....replace the battery, buy a good one, I spent $112- on an Interstate from the interstate dealer here~

if in fact your battery is new would say look at the other end of the black cable where it attaches to the frame/chassis. clean it down to metal, and clean the lug down to metal where it can pull 300 CCA without catchin' fire- they make a special wirebrush for cleaning battery terminals if you want to go fussy about it but usually a sprayer from the garden hose makes it so acid fumes don't get into your eyes, but away from the battery and terminals. hope this helps the situation~

4,145

is there power to anything else?

there's power to everything else, if we've done our homework~

none of this i helping

..well there is an ignition module...you might check ebay as well~

20

People should really come back and post what they found out and how it was fixed ... Same problem Woke up. Wont start. 100% battery. No clicks etc from starter. ...

10

i had the same issue with my k series. i replaced the battery, the starter, the alternator and nothing worked. then i replaced the main battery cable that ran to all of that and it starts with no problem. i dont know if this would help with a d series but its worth a shot cause it sounds like the same problem.