My 1991 CRX wont start/crank over. It has a brand new battery and starter.

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX 2 Dr HF Hatchback

The motor is a swap b18 b1 acura integra.  Its was driving great after the new starter but
then today it wouldnt crank.  I hear the fuel pump kick on.  I go to check the fuses and
seen a wire hanging down.  Not sure where it goes but I noticed my brake lights were on.  
So I pulld out the stop/horn fuse and the lights went off but still wouldnt crank.  Bad
enough I paid 175 for a starter and now this shit.  Its 1 thing after another.

40

Take a test meter and verify you have 12volts on the small wire ( ignition wire ) on the starter when you hit the key. If not you need to trace it back from there. If you have a manual trans. It could be the neutral safety switch. If you have a automatic move the shifter to neutral and see if it starts. And if you have a tilt steering wheel turn the key to start and move it up and down. I hope this helps.