STEERING COLUMN AND MAYBE CLUTCH MAKING HORRIBLE NOISE???

40

Asked by Jul 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM about the 1990 Honda Civic CRX 2 Dr HF Hatchback

WHEN STARTING TO BACK OUT OF DRIVE..CLUTCH MAKES HORRIBLE
NOISE..AFTER SHIFTING INTO FIRST AND SECOND ..IT STOPS..NOW THE
STEERING COLUMN HAS A AWFUL NOISE.........LIKE RUSTY NOISE? HELP? THIS IS
1990 HONDA CRX..SMALLER ENGINE..STICK SHIFT..JUST TUNED IT UP..ALL
WORKING FINE AND NOW THIS?

put a floorjack with woodblock under the oil pan to find out the transmission and motor mounts have gone bad~ lookin' it up, you could just replace the dirtyrotten rubber piece...looks like~

....a 14.56 mend...what do you want a cookie?.....a dum-dum pop?

40

thanks..will have my friend check this out.......i have had so much replaced already...just did not figure another major problem so soon! I am almost 70 and do not need this repair cost....Looking like I might have to sell this little jewel this fall.......I seem to have racked up a couple of tickets......and my auto insurance has increased too high......does not make sense..........I am a safe driver.......police just seem to think young chics driving this car or a undocumented alien driving it..CAN YOU IMANGINE THE LOOKS I GET WHEN THEY FIND AN OLD GRANMA DRIVING THIS CAR> NOT NICE. THANKS

Hey, who cares WHAT 'they' think...as I get older am finding that NO ONE wants to listen to the Ole Judge_roy (Javed N Qureshi --from Pakistan, Milwaukee) and whether of not they take my advise or leave it, really does not matter...we are rewarded in reputation points...(not dum-dum pops)....since diagnosed with MS they won't let me work...but am able to share my Engineering Background and Mechanic experience...tougher and more competitive than one may imagine~ ainahey?

get your neighborhood guy with tools...pay him A BEER...after he gets the job done...this thing does not take long to do....just need a floorjack and a couple of large wrenches...this will not stop a 60 year old driver~

40

THANK YOU...MS IS NOTHING FUN TO LIVE WITH...GLAD TO HAVE YOU GIVE ME TIPS ON WHAT AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM..........WOULD LIKE LITTLE CAR RUNNING WELL WHEN I DO HAVE TO SELL..ALSO NEED A REGULATOR FOR DRIVERS WINDOW......BEEN OUT FOR 2 YRS..AND GUESSING I MUST FIX IT AS WELL..THANKS AGAIN.

good luck hippichic61...used to really like the hippies until I had to service their cars in Berkeley 93-96...Nude people would saunter down Telegraph avenue as if nothing strange is about~ Fix a hippie's brakes for a hit of the good stuff~...Sunday duty...cars would get towed in and the owner would be tapping their foot lording over you the whole time...no room for error there~

40

had my friend check car out..drove it and would you not know it? IT DID NOT MAKE A NOISE OR NOTHING......DANG.....NOW TO WAIT TIL IT DOES IT AGAIN..AND PRAY I DON'T BREAK DOWN..THANKS.

40

my '59 Pontiac had a flaw where the motor mount caused the linkage to put the carburetor on FULL and all you could do was turn the key or take it out of gear~ turning the motor off dunked it back down, but a MOTOR mount could have caused someone's DEATH if they weren't dealt with~