Is 130,000 mileage honda civic is good for $5,500!!! 1 owner no accident!! Plz help I'm new on car

Asked by May 31, 2014 at 07:27 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

Is 130,000 mileage  honda civic hybrid is good for $5,500!!! 1 owner no accident!! Plz
help I'm new on car

TK what yr is car '06? Is it a Hybrid? City or Highway miles? The one owner bit is good, no accidents is also good (can he prove it?) CARFAX it! and does he have SERVICE RECORDS? my car is a 2002 (12 yrs old) and I only have 87K on it. It all depends on more factors than 1 owner and no accidents. Shoot me a line if you want to chat about it. What did you get out of Kelly BB?

Best Answer

Yes I saw the car fax everything clean. no it doesn't have service records! I don't no if it's city or highway mile The car drive in New York!! Is that mean city miles? .............……………….…………………::: check this info below I which I can be more specific but I really don't no that much about cars 2006 HONDA CIVIC HYBRID SEDAN 4 DR 1.3L L4 MPI SOHC 8V FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Standard Equipment | Safety Options

TK, He's asking top money that would go with all service records I'd be leery to get a car with no service records at all. Service records reflect a person/owner who cares for his machine. Case in point...I have all my service records for my Civic from day 1 going back to 2002 as well as anything I done myself for example I use only Silicon wipers and the pair is about $39 and you'll find the receipts in the binder and the UPC top portion of box in case I need to sell the car if you wanted to you could get the same. I even have the receipts/box to a $50 competition carbon fiber shift knob which is superior to stock this way you can't tell me that you saw it at Pep Boys. I have receipts for all that the car has used or been replaced this way you know you have a solid machine in front of you and you can't haggle me down if I were to sell it. Therefore, knowing what I told you I don't get that this owner really cares for his machine and if you really NEED to, GOT to, MUST ask the owner WHERE has the car been serviced routinely (if he is a SEARS tune up type guy) walk away if he has a HONDA dealer he uses take the car there ask for a print out of ALL service records and spend 100 bucks at same Dealer and have them go with a fine tooth comb over it, they can hook it up to their computer and read any bad code/s if there are any, also ask them if there are any service bulletins or recalls out there yet to be done on it check brakes/tires/alignment/underside to make sure floor pan is intact, and to check for overspray if the car has been painted... talk to the "Mechanic" who goes over it NOT the Service Writer and ask him if he would buy/pay $5500 for this car for his daughter. If he says YES do it if not WALK away. But I would not pay $55 for no papers that makes it a mutt, knock off some money off like $4700 CASH do not tell him you have records if you are able to get them from said Dealer as this will be your bargaining chip (Do ask if his dog ate all the service records) or reason for trashing them! Good Luck!!! O&O

TK, The other reason for not paying asking price is because you want to leave some money aside for buying/replacing/upgrading any components in the car which it is always the case after you buy a car something will come up that needs your attention or as a matter of fact the Insurance down-payment let me know if you took the plunge or not.

I didn't take it..thanks

I'm glad you didn't...Good for you! Can you share what steered you away from it? and why? I'd be interested and I will share with you a CARFAX myth that trips many.