have 02 Audi a4 1.8 quattro which 02 vw motor will enter change?

Asked by Oct 05, 2016 at 02:40 PM about the 2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Sedan AWD

If you own a VW or Audi with the 1.8 liter engine, the turbocharger hanging off the right side of the engine is an incredibly important piece of equipment. It's what makes it possible for your car to have adequate performance despite its small-displacement engine. And if you're the type who is into performance enhancements, that turbo is the reason why it's so easy to turn up the wick. The downside of the turbo is the complexity it adds to your engine bay and the increased potential for repair and maintenance issues. Whether you need to get at your turbocharger to repair it or replace it, the following project will show you how to do it. A multitude of hoses, pipes, connectors, bolts, and gaskets are involved, but take a deliberate, step-by-step approach and you'll find that it's a reasonably straightforward if time-consuming job. If you need to rebuild your stock turbo, see the Turbo Rebuild project. A few prerequisites: raise the front end of the car, if not the whole thing; remove the undertray; move the radiator support panel to the service position; remove the air conditioning compressor from its mounts and set it aside; disconnect the battery's negative terminal; and remove the plastic covers for the airbox and engine, as well as the short duct between the radiator cowl and the airbox. When removing the A/C compressor, make sure you disconnect the small wiring harness going to the fans or you could damage it when the compressor drops. Also, you will definitely need to drain the oil from the engine first or at least put an oil pan below the engine when disconnecting the oil pipe from the engine or you'll have a real mess on your hands. Please note that we also removed the front oxygen sensor as part of our process. It makes removing the outermost nut from the cat converter flange much easier. Upon reinstallation: Make sure you've tightened all of the hose connections on the turbo before securing the bracket and mounting the turbo to the exhaust manifold. Fill the turbo with fresh engine oil through the oil supply connection on top of the center section. Also, top off the engine coolant with the correct mixture. When you first start the engine, let it idle for about a minute without revving to give the turbo a chance to be properly lubricated.

I want to know if there's a vw motor that will enter change with the audi

The 98 vw will work

What kind of vw? Jetta? Someone I know has a 02 vw with 1.8 motor but will it interchange?

The turbo was replaced had one oil change motor had a knock I think but quit running not even week later.

Thank you. I'm a girl but I can do most of my own cars. Honda,Chevy, not a mechanic but I Google things and learn to work on my own cars. Boy its rough

Older car are so much easier. All this newer shit scares me. Too many wires and hoses lol

I'm not bad for not knowing much get er done